Chapter Seven: Life On The Other Side...

Comenzar desde el principio

"Of course I agree with you..but still are you sure all your excitement is only because of this--and it has nothing to with hmm--i don't know--maybe-with MANIK MALHOTRA. "Arman shrugged casually looking at her--or to be specific--waiting for her reaction.

And as expected Suhana froze the moment she heard his name from Arman's mouth.

But even Suhana was in no mood to let Arman succeed. So making a poker face she continued fixing her hair and replied "What nonsense Bhai--What does MANIK MALHOTRA has anything to do with all this"Suhana replied while she gestured at herself .

"Seriously--IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM--ANYTHING " Armana enquired too innocently.

"Of course not Bhai..and honestly I don't even know why are you even bringing him up --I just don't even understand what you are trying to infer-what do you mean Bhai--please explain " Suhana questioned him right back--of course without looking at him at all.

"If you say so--I believe you--pakka--and I am sorry I misunderstood something--anyways --you carry on--I will leave you to get ready--I will see you in sometimes once I get ready..okay" Arman replied while planting a kiss on top of her head and then he walked away.

The moment he walked away Suhana blew a sigh of relief ." Damn you Bhai--why you have to know me so well--I hope I succeeded in convincing him."

While on the other hand Arman couldn't stop smiling as he walked towards his room. Of course he knew his sister too well. The moment in which she froze when Arman took his name didn't got unnoticed by him.

He was anything but blind. But of course he respected her privacy. She isn't ready to tell him anything yet so he will wait for that day when she will willingly tell her everything.

But before he could enter his room his phone started ringing. He picked it out from his pocket to check who was calling. It was from Siddhanth so Arman quickly picked up the call.

"Yes Dad" Arman answered. "Where are you --you were supposed to meet me at office remember--you were supposed to accompany me to pick Guruma and her family from the hotel--did you forget about it" Siddhanth yelled at him.

Oh crap !!!

How could he forget--Man he is dead--but before Arman could panic anymore his brain worked and he came up with a lie to save his life

"Dad how can I forget-- I am on my way only--I will see you in couple of minutes--And I am extremely sorry that I am late--I got stuck at a meeting I will be there soon"

"Okay make it fast I don't want to be late--you know na that I don't do late--so come fast--I am waiting " before Arman could reply Siddhanth cut the call.

Arman shook his head in amusement. He never thought for once that he will succeed in selling his lies to his father because before this time whenever he tried he was always caught--His father always knew when he was lying--ALWAYS.

If he succeeded that means only one thing that his father is really very nervous--because that could be the only reason why his father bought his aweful lie.

Guruma--now he has to meet her--he was way beyond curious to meet this lady because of whom his father has been acting like a nerve wreck since the time he invited her to attend their wedding anniversary.

His father's happiness knew bounds when she accepted his invitation. And to top it all Guruma has even planned a surprise performance for this occasion as a gift.

His father respected Guruma --there was no doubt about the--but watching him acting like a nerve wreck was way too much fun not only just for him but for their entire family.

Memories of this morning flashed in front of him which automatically brought a smile on Arman's face.

"Saari arrangements ho gai hai na...kuch chuta to nahi" Siddhanth questioned Roshani for the billionth time.

But before Roshani could reply Arman said"Relax papa ...of course sare arrangements Ho gae hai..everything is under control..just calm down."

"I am not getting one thing that why are you acting like this dad..what's wrong with you..we have never seen you so worked up..Mom what's up with him--why is he behaving like a nerve wreck" Suhana asked out of curiosity.

Even Arman joined in as he himself was too confused with his ever so calm and composed father"Seriously what's the matter..why papa is behaving like a 5 year old who is on his way to meet his teacher --who is really scary"

"Because that's what exactly happening my love" Roshani answered them smilingly.

"Matlab" both Arman and Suhana asked at the same time which made Roshani smile grew wider and Siddhanth shaking his head in annoyance.

"Matlab ye ki your father is about to meet his teacher almost after 28 years..and when I say teacher --i don't mean any ordinary teacher--she was your father's most strict and disciplined teacher--who taught your father everything that he knows about MUSIC."Roshani replied.

"Who is she Maa" Arman asked out of curiosity because he seriously wanted to know everything about the person who is literally giving his father--THE SIDDHANTH MALIK--NIGHTMARES.

"KISHORI MURTHY "Both Siddhanth and Roshani replied at the same time.

But before Arman and Suhana could ask anything further Siddhanth cut them off "I know you all are finding it very funny that I am behaving like this but you know what I will happily accept the fact that I am indeed acting like a lunatic . The only difference is that I am happy to flaunt it because if it wasn't for GURUMA--I would have never understood the importance of time and discipline in my life"

"She is not only my teacher but she is my mentor--yes I haven't met her face to face in 28 years but that doesn't mean that I forgot her--she was always there in all my prayers--and not only that she was always there to guide me whenever I needed help "

"Yes I will be personally meeting her after 28 years but we have always been in touch either through phone calls or video calls but she has always been a constant support in my life"

"And your mother and I are really blessed that even after so many years she accepted our invitation to celebrate our big day with us and she is coming all the way from Mangalore to bless us with her presence."

"So you all can go ahead and make fun of me as much as you want but that's just not going to change anything because whenever anything related to Guruma will be brought up I will behave like this only and I am proud of myself--nothing can change that--NOTHING "

And before Siddhanth could even understand what was going on alk three of them hugged him and muttered an apology for making fun of him.

Now Arman knew how much Guruma meant for his father --the way his eyes shine with pride ,respect and adulation whenever he speaks about her shows how important she is for him.

He can't be more excited to meet her as he wanted to personally see the aura of GURUMA.

And that's why Arman quickly got into the car and drove away to pick his father from their office.

Of course he didn't had any idea in the slightest that this meeting with his father's GURUMA was about to change his life --forever.

-------------------------------------------------------