Chapter 27

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Here it is. God am so tired. Sorry for any grammatical errors. I haven't gone through this chapter. Happy reading

                   Chapter 27

After changing into a crop top and denim shorts I padded downstairs where Chris was waiting for me.

"Ready?" he asked.

I nodded my head in response and slipped into my canvas.

"We are taking my car." He announced. I again nodded my head unable to comprehend any words. I am too embarrassed with the show upstairs and after the confession I made today to my friends it's just feeling... awkward. I cannot bring myself to look into his eyes without blushing.

Too captured in my thoughts, I didn't realize I was already seated in the passenger seat of his car.

"Iris?" Chris called for me.

"Yeah?" I asked turning my head towards him slightly.

"Are you alright?" he asked frowning a little.

"Y...Yes." I stuttered as my face flushed. Way to make yourself obvious.

"Are you sure? You are being awfully quiet." He said now looking at me from head to toe looking for any injuries. My stomach fluttered under his heated gaze.

"Yep. I am fine." Except for the fact that I am crushing over you.

"Good." he said and focused his attention back on the road. I turned towards the window and stared at the passing by trees. Why am I acting like a love struck puppy? I have to behave normally in front of him.

I opened my mouth to speak but closed it again as no words came out. Hopeless.

"Do you want to go out for dinner later?" Chris asked me, his eyes fixed on the road.

Dinner? Like a date? Is he asking me out? My ears perked up and I turned my body towards him.

"Dinner?" I repeated.

"Yes Iris, dinner. Would you? Take it as a thank you for coming with me to see Nats. It's always so difficult to go to the hospital alone."

"Oh!" my lips turned into an 'o'. He meant it as a thank you not a date. Disappointment settled up on my shoulders. Of -course he did not mean it as date. Why would he want to go out with me and why am I even thinking of going out on a date with him. He is my teacher. A teacher who I have a crush on.

"So?" he asked raising his left eyebrow and I can't help but wonder how hot that makes him look.

"Okay." I said and his lips curved up into a smile, not one of his arrogant smirks but a one of those genuine smiles that make my heart thud against my ribcage. His smile is so infectious, I find myself grinning along with him.

I knocked on Nathalie's door before entering. Chris was signing some hospital papers at the reception so I decided to come here and play with her. Well I hope it's a good idea.

"Come in." Nathalie's muffled voice came from the other side of the door. I pushed the door open and peeked my head in. Her eyes glimmered as they rested on me and I pushed the door further to get inside.

"Iris!" she exclaimed sitting on her bed. "Where's Chris? Didn't he come with you?" she asked looking behind me at the door, searching for her brother.

"Hey Nathalie. Chris is at the reception. He will be here soon. How are you?" I asked sitting on her bed.

"Good but I am really bored here. I want to go out." She said pouting slightly, all the glitter in her eyes replaced by sadness. My heart sank looking at her five year old figure confined to this stupid hospital bed rather than going out and play with other kids.