↠Chapter Fifteen↞

I wake up the next morning feeling much better, but I take a vitamin just in case. On the way to school, Jungkook's words play through my head on repeat. A blush creeps up my neck and I try so hard to keep it bay. Reaching the school building, I walk towards the dance studio as I usually do. I meet Mijin at the front door and we are about to go in and try to catch 20 extra minutes of practice but Jungkook and Yoongi turn the corner leading to the door. 

I look at Mijin with pleading eyes and she doesn't catch what I'm trying to portray with my eyes so I drag her behind a bush instead. She yelps in surprise and I check to see if our cover was blown. Jungkook and Yoongi walk past our bush, knowing nothing.

"What was that about?" Mijin grumbles. "I wanted to greet Yoongi..." She trails off and I huff. 

In rushed whispers, I explain to her what happened yesterday. Her eyes widen when she hears the last part and pats my shoulder in sympathy.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. He asked about you and I asked about Yoongi and we promised to keep it a secret." She apologizes quickly but I brush it off.

"It's okay. But what do I do?! I can't keep the fact that he confessed to me to myself. I really want to tell him but I don't know how or..." I say and Mijin is deep in thought.

"You sounds just like me when I tried to figure out a way to confront Yoongi. But of course, I wasn't able to properly think about my options since you kinda forced me too." I smile sheepishly at her accusation. "So I'll offer you the same advice that I gave Jungkook. Just go for it. You already know he likes you so why wait?" She says bluntly and the thought processes.

Why am I so afraid? It's not like he's going to reject me or something. I like him and he likes me, so why the delay? The images of Jungkook and I walking down the shoreline play in my head and I smile.

"Okay, I'm going to do it." I say confidently and she smiles at me. "After school." Mijin's face falls before she just groans in frustration.

"Whatever, let's go before we're late for first period."  

Time Skip

I had somehow managed to avoid Jungkook the whole day, leaving him completely confused. We typically eat lunch together but I escaped to the library on the excuse that I needed to study. Then when he tried to walk with me to the studio after school, I said that I needed to talk with my teacher. With a guilty conscience, I walk into the studio. Everyone was already warming up and I walk over to Mijin. Yoongi hadn't arrived yet so I had a couple of minutes with her.

"Help me! I've been avoiding Jungkook all day because I just couldn't face him yet." I whisper yell at her and she facepalms.

"___, look at me. You can do it. If you don't do it by the end of class, I'm going to pull your famous move on you." She threatens and I nod my head, almost out of fear. I can do it. Pull yourself together woman.

End of Practice

I still haven't done it. No matter how hard I tried, Jungkook never seemed to be alone or available to talk. He was either helping some student figure out costume and technical difficulties or giving advice to the nervous ones. When he finally ends class, I pull the rest of my confidence out of mid air and walk up to him. I cough awkwardly and he looks up from his laptop.

"You finally ready to explain why you've been avoiding me all day?" He asks teasingly and I blush embarrassed. 

"Sorry about that Jungkook-oppa. But I have to tell you something." I choke out and he looks up at me expectantly. "Uh, I-I uhm, uh, you know, uh." I stutter pathetically and his eyes become amused.

"Come on, spit it out." He says and he holds my hand reassuringly. 

I look around and see that the room was empty save for Yoongi and Mijin working in a far corner. 

"Iheardyouwhenyoutoldmethatyoulikeme!" I say all in breath and let my head drop to my chest.

I let him process my words while internally cringing at myself. His face turns from one of playfulness to one of horror.

"Oh my god! You weren't meant to hear that. I mean, well you were, but also not at the same time. I'm sorry if it was-" I stop him by placing my hands on his shoulders and giving him a light shake.

"It's okay. It'd be weird if it weren't since I like you too." I say quietly and his face changes yet again. He jumps up excitedly, knocking over his chair with a loud bang.

"What?!?!" It was now his turn to shake me.

"Don't push it mister. It took me all day to just say it once." I say shyly to the floor and I can practically feel his smile. 

He lifts me up and twirls me around causing me to squeal. Setting me down he gives me a tight hug.

"I can't believe you like me back. I actually thought that I needed to plan out a whole thing and beg you to accept my confession. Then you started avoiding me today and I got so scared." He rambles excitedly and I only laugh at his childish behavior.

"You can stop now Jungkook, or else you're going to pass out." I tease and he stops before taking a deep exaggerated breath. 

"Whatever you say ___!" He says and flashes his adorable bunny smile making my insides melt.

It's short by about a hundred words but you finally confessed. Now y'all are a couple. Get ready for a load of fluffy filler chapters of Jungkook just being the perfect boyfriend!!!