↠Chapter Eight↞

Jungkook's POV (yep, this is new)

Perplexed by her coldness towards me, I warily hand her the phone. I draw my hand quickly back as if she'll bite it and she looks at me unamused. Why does she seem so angry? I didn't do anything. I look at her, trying to find any clue that could tell me why she was upset. She pockets her phone and turns to leave. Wait what? No.  I reach out and grab her wrist, stopping her. 

"What's wrong? You know you shouldn't be leaving your phone in public places, or else it might get stolen." I say teasingly and my light mood droops when she doesn't crack a smile. "Aw, come on. What's wrong?" I ask again seriously and she huffs a sigh.

"For one, you didn't reply to my Kakao friend request even when you promised. And then you show up here like you were following me. THEN, I lose my phone. THEN, I see you talking to a group of girls like some kind of playboy. My nerves are going to be worn a little, don't you think." She rants in one breath and it takes me a second to process all that she said.

OH NO! I completely forgot to check her Kakao message after my friends came over. I mentally slap myself and look at her sheepishly.

"It's not my fault that you forgot your phone at the food court." I say nonchalantly, trying to lighten the mood once again.

"Is that really all you got from that rant? Typical." She shakes my grip off of her wrist and walks away. I jog to chase up to her.

"Aw, ___ don't be mad. I'm sorry for missing your chat. I was going to open it, I swear. But my friends came over and I got distracted. Please to be mad at me." I pout and beg playfully and I can tell that she's trying to stay mad at me. "Pwetty pwease ___. I promise to never ignore your messages ever again." I flash her my smile and she cracks.

"Fine, I forgive you. But I'm still mad at you for being a playboy back there." Huh? What's she talking about?

"What, what're you talking about?" I ask and she rolls her eyes.

"You know, when you were warming up to those three girls back there? The one's I dragged you away from?" She says annoyed.

"OOOH, those girls? You actually saved my butt back there. Girls like that creep me out." I shiver theatrically and a sense of relief seems to wash over her. "Why do you care though? It's not like it was a big deal." 

"Yeah, whatever, no big deal."

It's only when I reach my car that I realize that ___ called me her's.

Your POV

I'm ranting to Mijin about how unfair Jungkook can be in the car and she listens to me indulgently. 

"I mean, it's almost impossible to stay mad at him. All he has to do is turn on that adorable smile of his and I'm a goner. And not only that, he brushed off the fact that he was practically flirting with three girls. Apparently, I saved him from them but I doubt it. He's got to be stupid to not like talking to those girls. They were beautiful. No doubt he gets attention like that all the time though." I say to Mijin who is driving. She hums and nods. "Are you listening to me Mijin?" I pout and she looks over at me.

"C'mon ___. What if he actually doesn't like girls his age? It would be a good thing right? Oh, that sounded weird. I hope he isn't a pedo..." She trails off and I laugh at her words. 

"Yeah, hopefully."

Sorry for the short and boring chapter. Don't worry though, a texting chapter is up next so stay tuned.