#15: Debut

Look, I've heard a lot of random and weird ass things. Like that time when I was at the awards and some twilight actor won over me. I guess these girls rather a vampire that sparkles in the sun, than a bad ass with good hair and pearly white teeth. Or maybe that time when my parents bullshitted me, and told me I had to put my career on hiatus. Or maybe that time when I was in jail and some old dude told me I looked like I had firm butt cheeks and tried to touch me. I gave him a black eye, which landed me one more day in jail. Or that other moment when some weird girl insisted that I was the father of her unborn baby, my parents took care of that scandal. But my point is Scarlet out of all people asking me to pretend to be her boyfriend? She really must be out of her mind.

I quickly attained my composure glancing back at Colton who seemed to be in a quite as shock as me. I didn't even know what say. Being in New York has really made me lose my edge, " Why would I agree to be your boyfriend." I spat, "I don't want to be a pawn in you and Ace's fricking games."

"This isn't about Ace." she said putting a hand on hip. My eyes gazed up and down her body taking in all her curves, "This is taking me a lot-- considering my ego."

I chuckled at the ego part, " You lost your ego when you dated Ace, when you could do way better." I added, "Way better."

I knew saying that would make Scarlet angry. She always covers up what Ace does to her now with something like he was great when I first met him. Is he great now?, "Then if you think so, be my pretend boyfriend." she said shuffling. I was srprised that she ignored my comment, "Just a brief moment."

"Why me?" I questioned her. If I was to be her boyfriend then of course Ace would never get the hell off my back. " You're really bullshitting me with this. Ace-

"That's why I'm  asking you." she said placing her hands on her slim waist, " You're the only one that can actually beat the shit out of Ace."

"True." I agreed.

"Plus," she added on with a small smile, "You're kind of cute."

"Kind of?" I said smirking to her, "I'm am cute."

I forgot Colton was behind me until he said, "I'm cute too right." I looked back at Colton who gave me a look. Even though, I've been here for a short amount of time Colton knew me. He knew that I hated commitment, real or fake, commitment is commitment, and Colby Shaw doesn't do commitment anymore.

But if it meant I got to kiss Scarlet and show up Ace. I'm all for it. And then maybe show my aunt that I'm getting better, and she'd tell my parents that I'm better. I'd be back in Cali in no time.

"Sure." I said lazily, "I'd be your fake boyfriend."

A wide smile spread across Scarlets face, "Thanks. Look, we'll make a debut at lunch." she said picking her up her bag ready to walk off, "I still hate you."

Scarlet walks off chuckling as I turn to face Colton who was shocked. But look at all the possibilities that came with fake dating Scarlet. I got to kiss her and touch her all over without any real commitment. And after whatever reason she wants me to be her boyfriend-- and when I go back to Cali--- there wouldn't be any real emotion attached.

I barely think-- I do. This is the hardest I ever thought about something.

"You sure you want to do this?" Colton asked disrupting me from my thoughts, "I know you're Mr. Badass and all but all this is going to bring unwanted attention to you."

"So." I replied, "If there's one thing you don't know about me, it's that I like attention. What is Ace going to do? Punch me." I chuckled at that last part, "Ace knows better than that."

Colton sighs finally closing his locker, "I got to get to class. I can already tell lunch is going to be interesting."

During Mr. Price's class, I couldn't keep my eyes off Scarlet. My eyes raked her from top to bottom. Mr. Price had made do that '10 things I hate about you' for about ten minutes, and then he asked Scarlet to recite a poem. She was standing there her eyes focused on the words, and once in a while she would glance up--her eyes landing on me, and then she'd quickly avert. Her body was amazing. She kind of reminded me of Tyler, slim waist but a big ass. I could handle that right.

"She was totally was staring at me in class." I reported cockily to Colton and one of Colton's friends who decided to join us for lunch.

"You better watch out before Ace pounds you." Colton's friend says to me folding his arms and leaning back on his chair.

Was that a threat? I sneered at him, "If Ace couldn't pound me the first time, what makes you think he's going to beat me?"

The guy throws his hands up, "Relax dude." he continued, "Ace has a reputation of never giving up. He's the type to send guys after you to do his dirty work."

"Even if I get jumped by those guys, " I said, "Ace would be not but a pussy. He couldn't handle his own job."

"You're right." Colton agreed, "Plus, my man here is packing a fist...." he stops speaking. Suddenly Scarlet is sitting on my lap with her arms wrapped around my neck. Is this here debut? I'm losing my edge. Why is this girl making me lose my edge? I glance around the lunchroom and people are already talking and pointing at us. Colby Shaw, doesn't lose his composure. I turned her chin and kissed her.