#11: Some People Just Don't Learn

Hi Guys. <3. Sorry for the late update. Enjoy. Okay so guys I decided to just op out of the Watty awards, becuase I don't like rushing my stories. I really don't. I'll try again next year. :(. I have a new book I want to primere as soon as this is done. I don't have a title, and it's another interracial. It's different so just wait on it. 

What do you call a dumb ass who just can't get the hell out my space? Ace. I thought he'd get the memo that I wasn't one to mess with and that even after that black eye and bruised lip he'd get it through his skull that he's not my cup of ice tea. But I see the prick just can't get enough of my fist and if the next time he bangs his fist into the table again, I was making sure mine somewhat connect with his face.

Colton quiets down his chuckling looking up at Ace who stood there with an angry face. I gave Ace a death glare hoping he'd move the frig away from me. But I forget, the prick is slow as heck. I open my mouth to say something but Colton beats me to it, "Can I help you?"

Ace looks like he wants to punch the shit out of Colton for just speaking. However, Ace knew better than that. As nice as Colton was, the way he was built showed that he packed a big punch. And as much as Colton annoyed the shit out of me, I'd have his follow up in a second.

"Does he need to repeat or are you unable to comprehend what he's saying?" I speak up getting aggitaed at the fact that Ace was breathing the same air as me.

Ace comes to his damn sences and uses the hole on his face, "Stay away from my girl."

It was definitely a kodak moment. If you've never seen me smiled, then you should've been here. My once hard face spread into a big grin, "Your girl eh?"

"What you smiling about?" he scoffed. I can see my reaction even bothered him even more, and it even surprised Colton. And I could spot a couple of girls from the corner of my eyes swooning over my smile.

I chuckle looking up at Ace, "You just reminded me of the great time I had with Scarlet. She's an amazing girl if you ask me. Hm, might even go in for the kill...probably ask her out to the movie...then treat her to dinner...maybe we'd relax in my car---kis-

Suddenly Ace angrily grabbed me by the collar lifting me off the seat. Whoa. Did he forget what I did to him? I could feel my fist balling. A crowd is forming expecting us to fight. Colton jumps up but one of Aces boys grills him. I controlled my angry, counting to ten, because I knew if I did damage to Aces face, then this time I'd actually be in trouble. So instead of swinging, I chuckle pushing him off and dusting my shirt off, "You must be out of your mind Ace." I began chuckling, "Did you not forget or do I need to remind you?" chuckling when I see he turns red because now everyone is listening, "And as far as I'm concerned Scarlet is no longer your girl."

He pushes me, "You know nothing about Scarlet." I can tell he's just feeding his ego. He doesn't want to seem like a punk in front of this crowd. I let him off this time.

"And you know nothing about her too, " I retorted, "But that coffee date made me realize alot about her. Is this even about her? Or are you jealous at the fact that I'm taking your bad boy position."

Ace steps towards me but I wasn't having it this time. Just like his ego was hungry, mine generoisity had hit empty and the next time he touched me he was definitely having it. This prick must've forgot who he was messing with. I give Ace a face and I could tell he flinches. He thinks quick and retorts with, "You're lucky we're in school."  And then storms away.

I chuckle. Whether we're in school or not. Ace knew better. His boys scramble a long with him saying how he should've punched my face in. I shake my head sitting back down at my table as if nothing happened. I scanned the lunchroom looking for any signs of Scarlet to see if she had seen the scene, but she wasn't here. I also see the cute receptionist girl that helped me on my first day. She's walking towards me with a grim look on her face.

When she approaches me I smile, "What's up?"

She shake her head and pushes her glasses up onto her nose with her index finger, "You need to be careful, new kid."

I shake my head, "Becareful of what?"

                "People like Ace." she says folding her arms, "You know nothing of him or what he's capable off."

I chuckle, "You're too cute to be speaking such foolery."

                She shifts a little. I can tell she's trying not to blush. I really didn't care what Ace was capable off. Red head receptionist lady tells me that Ace is the son of a major corporate CEO, and how he has money and how his daddy funds this school. Yadda, yadda, and yadda. I wanted to tell her that I'm Colby Shaw. I knew better than that. But I knew telling her that would shut her tom foolery up but I let her speak.

"Hi Angelica." Colton says softly blushing a little. I couldn't help but smile recognizing that he has a crush on this schools receptionist. How old is she? She looks a little young to be working here.

She waves at him but keeps her eyes on me, "Trust-

                I cut her off not wanting to hear more about Aces family, "Look Angie," she blushes, "I'm not one to be pushed around and if this prick wants a mouth full of my fist. Then he can count his lucky stars that he's going to get it."

Angelica is quiet for a while as I stare at her. She doesn't say a word however, I know she's uncomfortable, "Enough about me. Aren't you a little too young to be working here."

Angelica leads in and whispers in my ear that the principal is her father. He's making her work here and she takes classes at the side. I check her out. Angelica is a beauty if you ask me. Not my type but she's something. I'm not interesting but it doesn't hurt to look. I know under that blouse and skirt, that she has a banging body...but as much as I try to check her out...Scarlets face doesn't leave my mind.

                "Alright." She says getting up fixing the pleats in her skirt, "I'm off to my desk. It gets lonely in there sometimes."

                I nod my head at her, "Maybe, I'll visit you once in a while." I get up along with her and put my hands out for a hug. She hesitates for a while but falls into my hug naturally. She smells good, but not like Scarlet good. I look across at the door and guess who's standing there staring at me back.

Scarlet.

                She turns around and heads back out the cafeteria. I drop my hands of Angelica and wave her off. Angelica walks out the Cafeteria getting death glares by a couple of girls and even some hi's. What was that about with Scarlet? I head out the cafeteria too, telling Colton that I'd see him at the end of the day.  Scarlet wasn't to far off in the hall way and soon I catch up to her.

"Hey." That was all I could've think of. I wanted to smack myself. Where's the smooth Colby?

She doesn't say anything. She acts like I'm not next to her addressing her. What's with her attitude today?

"Hey." I repeat stepping infront of Scarlet. I recognize that her curly hair isn't curly its straight. Her brown eyes are staring up at me, and I don't know what to think. They were blank. They showed me nothing.

She scoffs, "You know next time Ace and you wanna make a scene? Keep my name out my mouth. And that coffee thing wasn't a date. It was me being friendly. As if I'd be interested in someone like you." she says brushing past me, "And you know Ace and you aren't even different. In fact you guys are similar. Both with overdriven egos."

For the first time in a while, I didn't know what to say. There was no script. No director. So why did I feel like this was a scene? Why was I waiting on the director to yell cut? It never came. This was reality. I watch Scarlet walk off. A great sight if you ask me.