#9: Strange Realization

Comment. vote. :D

If Ace was here he surely wouldn't have liked this. Although, there was nothing to be mad about. As we strolled down the street the awkwardness filled the air. What the frigg? Colby Shaw is smooth with the ladies, but then again I wasn't with just any lady. I was with Scarlet. The same Scarlet that poured Pepsi down my shirt. The same Scarlet that was dancing in the club.

I didn't know what to say to her. After the fight with Ace, it was just that it was best that I stayed away from her if I wanted my career back. Why was I even worried what Ace did to her? In all reality Scarlet doesn't like Colby Shaw, she likes Colby Connor, and I wasn't him. In our sight was a billboard of me. I was smiling, which I normally don't do, however my agent suggested that I did.

Scarlet groaned when you saw the billboard. I guess she really did hate me. I glanced at her a bit watching her brown skin glisten under the sun that came out a little, " He's so full of himself." she suddenly said.

"Anybody as good looking as him would be full of himself." I retorted defending myself. Hey, I was good looking. The prick couldn't stand the fact that I was one hundred percent sexy.

She looked at me weirdly as I shrugged her off, "You look like him a lot, hence the fact that you both have the same name."

"That must be the reason why you hate me so much, and I don't think I look like him." I told her stopping infront of the billboard.

Scarlet glanced at me and then at the billboard

a couple of times and then shook her head, "You're right you guys don't look the same." she said chuckling, "He's smiling and you're always frowning."

I chuckled along with her, "You're right." walking, "I don't see what he's done to make you hate him."

She nods her head catching up next to me, " You're right." She began, "I actually met him."

"Oh really?" I said smiling knowingly, "How can an everyday normal girl like you meet a star like him?"

"That star is an asshole." she quickly began, " My cousin took me to L.A. for a while and I kind've stunk into a club he so happen to be at. I didn't think a star like him would be at a club like that, and then I accidently bumped into him spilling my soda and the jack ass spazzed."

No I didn't spaz. She didn't even apologise to me. Matter of fact this pricks attitude was so friggin bad that she deserved for me to be upset, "Maybe you intentionally meant to spill that soda."

She shot me a dirty look, "He's ass." she insulted, "Ugh, I can't believe my cousin even liked you."

All the ladies like me, except well this prick Scarlet.

I shook my head chuckling, "It's funny because you're dating an ass."

I expected her to blow up, yell, insult or do whatever. But instead she stayed quiet not saying a word for a few minutes, "You're right."

"I know." I agreed with her. She opened the door, not holding it open for me. Hm, there was the Scarlet I knew. I also knew she was getting mad even though she was mute.

I stood beside her at the counter as the cashier took her order. The cashier glanced at me a lot of times. She obviously recognized me as Shaw. I gave her a small smile as she handed Scarlet back her change before turning to me, "Are you-

"No." I said interrupting her, "I'm not Colby Shaw."

Her cashier eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "You sure do sound like him and look like him."

Hmph, she was pressistant, "I get that a lot."

The cashier chuckled, "Well, why would, "snorts, "Colby Shaw like the hottest boy ever be in Starbucks standing infront of me? He has better things to do."

She has no idea. I chuckled along with her before leaving the counter with Scarlet. She still seemed a little tense from my comment. I squeezed into a booth watching her take a seat too. This was the fourth time it's been awkward. She took a loud sip of her coffee breaking the silence. I watched her and she looked up catching my eye, "What?" Scarlet asked.

"Nothing." I answered back.

She fidgeted with the coffee cup for a while before saying, "Ace wasn't always an ass."

I looked up at her, "If he wasn't an ass then what was he?"

She shot me a look, "Look, the Ace I liked wasn't the asshole you punched a few days ago. Okay, you'd really think I'd date an ass?"

"You seem fine with his asswhole ways." I began, "It confuses me to how you treat me as if I'm so bad, but yet your boyfriend is a jack ass prick."

She chuckled, "Ex-Boyfriend." she corrected me, "And that's because you're rude and you remind me of that Shaw guy so much."

"But here we are now. Sitting in a booth together." I grinned saying to her, "Why'd you let Ace just boss you around?"

"I don't know." Scarlet shrugged, "Maybe it was because I didn't want to let go of our relationship."

"Ace just doesn't know how to treat a black girl." I commented. Then, I paused recognizing what I had just said. Face palm.

Scarlet raised her eyebrows at me taking a long sip of her coffee. Her curly brown hair spiraling out of place as she chuckled at me, "And you do?" She laughed hard, "How do you exactly treat a black girl?"

She's definitely underestimating my experience with a black girl. Hello! I dated Tyler Fields? You know the popstar. Nope, she didn't know that. She doesn't know. I chuckled along with her, "I know you guys how tough attitudes to deal with."

Scarlet rolls her eyes at me, "That's very stereotypical of you."

I laughed quietly to myself, "Point proven." this was weird, we were talking instead of arguing, " You girls are just like other girls except to me more high maintenance. Certain thing you can't touch. One of them being you guys crazy hair." I continued, "I know you guys like long walks on the beach and to be treated equally not to mention someone who can put up with your attitudes." I mumbled, "Patience is the key to a successful relationship."

I looked at her smiling. This wasn't me. I'm getting sentimental. My soft smile soon turned into my lips pressed into a thin line. Why was I telling her this? Not that I had feelings for this prick. She was still a prick. She was still the girlfriend, wait, ex girl friend of the guy who's been on my ass since day one in school. Whether she was his ex or not, he'd always be my enemy, and Scarlet ex or not, would always be his property. Not like I wanted her.

I was a lone wolf. Always will be. I may be Colby Connor at this moment. Colby Shaw? I am he. And he does not fall in love.

I don't want too, but the real reality hit me.

I had a thing for Scarlet.