Back at the Mikaelson Mansion, however, things were not going as well for the family.

"What do you mean?!" Klaus barked at Marcel, who looked as worried as the rest of them did. "He can't be back, he's dead! I was there when it happened!"

"I meant what I said, Klaus." Marcel spoke, running a hand over his face. "He's back, and he wants blood."

"Why now?" Elijah asked, an arm wrapped around his girlfriend's waist. "He had all this time to strike — why didn't he come earlier?"

"Because Darla wasn't here earlier." Rebekah stated with a clenched jaw. "He was waiting for something to happen. For Nik to find someone special and have a life with them so that he could take the thing he loved most from him."

"But instead of a girlfriend, he got something better..." Freya muttered, eyes wide with fear.

"A daughter." Kol whimpered.

"This is exactly why I didn't want to bring her home, Nik," Rebekah stated, now pacing. "I knew it was too good to be true. I knew that there was no such thing as eliminating all of our enemies! How foolish of me to bring her here!"

"So what now?" Kol asked. "We just send her back to Arkansas?"

"I don't see another option—"

"No." Klaus growled out, cutting off his older brother. "She isn't going anywhere. Not now, not ever. This is her home, and it is here she will remain."

"Klaus, I don't think you're thinking this through," Marcel stated with caution. "This isn't about pride or you wanting to make up for lost time. This is about Darla and her safety. You can't let your feelings get in the way of this."

"I promised her that I would never leave her again. I promised her that I would protect her against anything. I promised that she'd be safe with me. I promised her a home. A normal life. I promised her a family!" Klaus roared. "I am not letting anyone take that from her, or me."

"So instead you risk her life?!" Rebekah shouted back, tears of panic rising to her eyes. "There are promises that sometimes need to be broken, Nik. Darla will understand. And even if she didn't, an upset child is better than a dead one!"

"Nothing will happen to her." Elijah spoke, trying to calm the heated conversation before someone did something that they would regret. "Besides, if he tracked Darla here, what's stopping him from tracking her somewhere else? If she starts running, she will never stop running. Klaus is right. It is better to keep her here, where we know where she is, and deal with the threat on our own territory than running away from it in hopes that it will go away."

It was silent for a moment, all of them deep in thought before Freya spoke up.

"This won't just effect Darla. This is going to reach Kit as well. He is going to do anything he can to hurt us. And if that means taking Kit hostage or even killing him to get Darla, he will. He's desperate. He has been waiting far too long just to play nice."

"So, what do we do now?" Hayley asked, speaking for the first time. "Compel him to forget that he ever met her? Make him leave the country?"

"No," Marcel sighed. "Knowing that kid he'd find a way to fall for her all over again. And even then, he probably knows Kit. He'd drag him back into this eventually."

"So what do we do?" Elijah asked.

Klaus, who had seemed to calm down a good amount since his outburst, looked around at his family. He noted their concern for the boy that their niece had fallen for, and he noted his own concern for the boy. In fact, it was then when he noticed how much he, indeed, cared for the young man. He couldn't just let him, a human boy from the quarter, fend for himself or get killed in the process. Kit needed to be protected. Kit needed to be there for Darla when he couldn't be. Kit was the only person he had ever trusted (other than family of course) (okay, maybe not Kol) with his daughter's heart. He couldn't even think about how crushed she would be without him, either.

"Kit will stay here. With us." He declared.

"What?!"

Standing up straight, he looked at his family before realizing that this was the best decision for the well being of everyone.

"We will take him in. We are the only ones who can protect him." He spoke. "And if he and Darla are together, it subtracts some of the fear. They will be with each other's favourite person, and it will make things easier on everyone."

"We can't just spill all of our secrets to some boy!" Kol cried out.

"We have no other choice, brother."

"And what if he manages to get a hold of both of them?" Rebekah asked. "What then?"

"That won't happen." The psychotic Original spoke dangerously, cracking his knuckles and standing in a taller, more threatening posture. "Want to know why? Because we're Mikaelsons. If you fuck with one, you fuck with all."

"Always and forever."

"Darla and Kit are at school right now, right?" Freya asked. "Because maybe we should pick them up before he gets any ideas."

"What about Kit's family?" Rebekah asked. "We can't just take their kid for an unknown amount of time!"

"I'll handle his family and get some of things packed." Marcel volunteered.

"Hayley and I will get a room prepared, then." Rebekah sighed, wanting to spend some time alone with her new-found best friend.

"I'll get started on some mystical objects and some protection spells." Added Freya.

"And Niklaus, Kol, and I will get the kids." Elijah spoke with a nod, looking at his brothers. "That way, if he somehow finds us, we'll be ready."

"This is about Darla and her safety, above all," Klaus began, looking at all of his family members before setting off to do their jobs. "But this is also about us. As a family. This bastard isn't going to come into our town and think that he's going to get away with threatening us and everything we have worked so hard for. We have taken down all of our demons, and this will be no different. This is a family, always and forever."

n// crappy ending but oh well!!!! hope you enjoyed and dont forget to vote/comment :) love you!!! <3