Chapter Thirty

I started to choke on my own saliva. How the hell do I answer this?

“Ivan? Why do you ask?” I try to play it off.

He grabbed my face and made me look at him, “Rosalie, I don't believe he's just someone from your past. You were full of fear last night, now tell me who he is.”

I looked around, “Logan this isn't the time or place to talk about it. Let's go back to my place and I guess have a talk I'm dreading.”

He looked at me puzzled but nodded. The whole way home, not a word was uttered between us. He just held my hand incomplete content and drove.

Once back at the apartment he sat down and I decided to stand.

“Now who is Ivan?” He pressed.

I looked at him, “Like I said someone from my past. What would say we have been together a month?”

He nodded, “Yeah give or take, why?”

I looked at him, “Because I worry if telling you this will make your views of my change.”

He stood up and walked over to me, he pulled me into his arms, “Baby I promise you I won't leave you.”

I knew he couldn't promise me that. I would never hold him to that. Part of me didn't want to tell him because I had already told Jax and Alec and they are now acting funny around me, but with Logan he, he doesn't know of the darkness I carry.

Pulling out of his arms, “Logan, please stop!” I stepped away from him, “You need to go sit down.”

He nodded and unsure of what was going on. I took a deep breath and decided it was now or never.

“Logan, Ivan use to own me…” I said in fear.

He opened his mouth, “What do you mean owned you?”

I sat in the chair across from him, “When I was about 10 years of age, I was kidnapped. I was tortured for the first six months then was sold from one man to another, they weren't happy with how disobedient I was. They finally said if Ivan couldn't handle me when I was to be sent to the brothel, where I would be in a constant sedated tone and cuffed to the bed.”

He looked like I just ripped the rug right from under him. As if I was trying to trick him. “Is this for real?” he questions.

“I know you were looking at my scars last night, the ones that are on my back.”

He nodded, “Yeah why did I never notice them before, but last night I did.”

“That's because I usually have them covered.” I shrug, “When I met you, I warned you, I told you I'm not good with this.” I said as I gesture between the two of us.

He looked at me, “At the time I just thought you meant that you didn't date the whole relationship thing.”

I laughed, “Yeah something along those lines, Ivan...Ivan had brought me to be the woman behind a very powerful man.”

“Powerful?”

“Yes very powerful in Russia,” I reassured him.

“Then why were you dreaming of him last night?” he questioned.

“Because I had seen him last night.” I held my breath and slowly letting it out.

“YOU WHAT” he shouted.

I walked to him, I climbed into his lap, “That's why Jax came by, he was making sure I was okay. Which I am because I have the sweetest boyfriend.” I kissed his cheeks and then his lips.