Chapter Twelve

Logan's POV

I can't stop thinking of her, she has me hooked. I thought I had problems with her before but after that unexpected kiss yesterday.

“Man! Did you hear me!” Chase yells startling me out of my thoughts.

“Sorry, must have zoned out,” I say.

He shook his head, “I said we have a call, a break in.”

I took a deep breath and nodded. I needed to get my head focused at the here and now instead of yesterday. Chase drove to the address and I was surprised.

“Falls Corp?” I questioned.

He nods, “Looks like it.”

We walk in and the two security guards approached us. One looked extremely fearful.

“So what is going on?” I questioned.

“We meant to call and report it was all a mistake.”

Chase took a step forward, “We are going to need a statement.” He turned towards me, “Go check the offices, make sure no one is making them say this.”

I nodded, I walked room to room checking out the empty rooms. When I finally made it to Rosalie’s office, I noticed the light was on. As I opened the door quietly there she was slumped over her desk, lost in papers.

“Well isn't this a surprise!” I tease.

She looks up dropping papers on her desk, “What are you doing? Stalking is a crime!” She smiled.

That smile! “Well since I'm on duty, I do know that!” I laughed, “Your security guards reported a break in.”

She puts her head in her hand and mutters something in Spanish. Then she looked at me, “It was me, I think they are new.”

Well, that explains why that guy looked like he was ready to faint when he saw us. She must have given him a nice lashing.

“Well, maybe I should frisk you just to make sure you aren't trying to rob Falls Corp.” I laugh.

She eyes me, “Do you think that's a good idea Officer Montgomery.”

She was right, “Probably not but you can't blame a guy.”

I watch as she walks around from her desk, my eyes widen as she walks closer to me.

She laughs, “You seem a bit nervous.”

“What! No!” I scoffed.

Her eyes look at my lips and back at my eyes and I start to move closer to her as she moves closer to me, with mere centimeters between us.

Just as I was about to kiss her, Chase walks in.

“Is everything okay…” he stops, “in herrrree.” he awkwardly finishes.

Rosalie steps back and smiles, “Pick this up later?” she whispers.

I winked at her, “Chase this is Rosalie Falls, she is.”

Rosalie extends her hand out, “Pleasure to meet you.”

“Yeah, you too” Chase mumbles as he shakes her hand.

“Well sorry for the inconvenience, I didn't know they called the police.” She apologized.

“No problem, we better get going.” I directed Chase to the door.

I decide to quickly steal a kiss while his back is turned. She smiles and walks back to her desk.

When we get back into the car, I questioned Chase’s coldness, “What was with you up there?”

He shook his head, “What is with you! She is way out of your league.”

“What!” scoffing at his assumption.

“She is a major CEO of one of the largest corporations in Chicago. She has lived all over the world while you have only lived in Northwest Indiana and Chicago. Do you know she pays tuition on some of her employees’ kids? Oh, and she also is always investing in new businesses. She is out of your league, plus remember the wrath we got from Cap. the day we came to speak to her. Yeah, that's because she is friends with the mayor!”

I could see the steam pouring from Chase’s ears as he lost all the ways she's out of my league.

“I will not have this conversation with you and I don't know why it concerns you.”

He shook his head, “Because I'm your partner. If you get into trouble, it looks bad on me.”

“Ahh so this is about you, not so much me but you. Plus it was me who took the heat because I was the only one who questioned her. So just shut up!”

“But!” he starts to say something.

“Shut up!” I yelled.

Let’s just say by the time our shift ended, I was happy to be away from him. I had other things I felt were more important than some jackass who is only looking out for himself.

I started to head home until I received a call.

“Hello?” I answer.

“Logan, my driver is busy with something else, do you mind taking me home? If you can't I will call a cab.” She asks softly.

“Of course not, I will be there in a few,” I say.

“Thank you! I owe you!”

She hangs up before I could say anything else. Of course, I would drive Rosalie anywhere she wanted to, okay maybe not. Especially if she wants to go see that Antonio.

I pull up in front of the building, being the gentleman I am, I open her door.

“Thank you!” she says as she slides in the car.

“What happened to your driver?” I ask.

She shrugs, “Something came up, I said it was fine.”

I smile, “Ahh just an excuse to be with me.” I teased her.

She rolls her eyes, “I told you I could call a cab.”

“Just shush!” I say as I take her hand.

The drive was much too short, I wish she lived further than she did. Although any drive would feel short when I knew she would have to leave.

“Home sweet home,” she says as we pull into her building's garage. In her voice, she sounded a bit like I felt.

“Mind if I walk you up?” I question.

She smiles, “Sure.”

As we step in the elevator she questions, “Does your partner not like me?”

I laugh, “Chase doesn't even like himself, don't worry about him.”

Just as I was about to say something else the door opens. We stand outside her door. I tuck the loose strand behind her ear as I lean in to kiss her lips. Just like before I was under her spell.

She pulls away, “Thank you for the ride.”

“DAMNIT, Rosalie! You must have been a witch another life because you have had me under your spell since that day you sat on your desk.” I smile as I look at the rosiness in her cheeks.

“Funny I was just thinking that same thing about you.” She says as she leans back into kiss me.