Poems - 138.

Chapter 138

"You do know you can use your wand, right?" asked Sirius, his eyebrow raised as he looked at his girlfriend, a bag in front of her and clothes sprawled around her, "to pack?"

"I know, I know," she sighed, "I prefer to know, I'll not be long," she grumbled, grabbing a few items of clothing from the floor and dumping them into her bag, earning a loud laugh from Sirius as he took the bag from her, folding the things inside just a little better than how Adria done it, and soon was everything able to fit into the bag, even two pairs of boots and her coat, just in case.

"Thank you," she whispered, leaning her head on his chest, "you know that I stress."

"I know, baby girl," he whispered, lifting her head and pressing a soft kiss to her forehead, "at least we get to see James, and stay with him for a while, that'll be fun."

"Oh yes," she grinned, "I'm excited to see my best friend, are you excited to see your boyfriend?"

"Oh, ha ha," he scoffed, lifting up her chin to kiss her lips softly, lingering for a few moments until she very reluctantly pulled away, "come on, let's go."

Adria nodded as she grabbed her things, reaching for her notebook on the nightstand, as well as her wand which she tucked into the boots she wore, and a bag of fudge flies she had taken from her stash, "the train journey will be long!" she spoke, watching Sirius' amused look as he looked at the sweets in her hand.

"Oh yes, I know," he chuckled, reaching for her hand as he pulled her downstairs, "when did you come in?!" he asked, seeing Grace and Alfie with Mila resting contently in Alfie's arms. Sirius quickly let the bags fall from his grip, rushing over to where the two sat and quickly taking Mila - gently - from Alfie's grip, much to the boy's protest.

"I wish I was going away," Grace sighed, leaning her head on Alfie's shoulder, who soon stopped his hushed protesting to wrap his arms around her, kissing her forehead softly whilst Adria let out a laugh.

"We are only going to James," she giggled, her hand cupping Mila's head as she kissed the baby's forehead.

"What do you mean, only?!" Sirius huffed, watching the grin on Adria's lips widen as she turned to Grace.

"Sorry, we are going to king James', Sirius' boyfriends house," she laughed, clasping her hand over her mouth in hopes not to wake up Mila.

"Why do you have to go?" Jude pouted, stomping his way into the living room, waddling ever so slightly as Adria let out a soft laugh, moving to pick him up swiftly, "you always go!"

"But I always come back, don't I?" she asked, watching the boy nod as he pressed his hand to her cheek, his lip quivering ever so slightly, "oh don't do that, baby, I'll be back before you know it, I promise, you won't even know I'm gone. You won't even have time for me, anyway, you need to look after Mila!"

"But- b-but we could 'ave looked after her together," Jude whispered, leaning forward to kiss his big sisters nose.

"How about this?" she grinned, sitting down on the couch with Jude in her lap, facing her, "when I get back, which will be soon, you, me, Sirius and Mila will go out for ice cream."

She was rather surprised when the boy burst into a fit of laughter, his giggles filling the living room so much to the point that Mila woke up, slightly startled as her cries filled the room, but soon where they hushed when Sirius bounced her softly, gripping the baby tightly as her cries died down, and her head nuzzled into Sirius' warmth.

"Mila can't eat ice cream, silly!" Jude exclaimed, "she'll get brain freeze!"

"Oh yeah, you're right!" Adria gasped, reluctantly pulling her gaze from Sirius, and back to her baby brother, "what would I do without a smart cookie like you?!"