Poems - 135.

Chapter 135

"It's a lovely day!" Adria grinned as she walked down the pavement in the city, her hand clutched in Sirius' as it swung lightly, "it's so hot!"

"Takes after you, then," Sirius smirked, watching her groan as she threw her head back, although the very evident smile on her lips showed as she turned to look at him, letting out a laugh as his smirk turned into a grin.

"You're an idiot," she chuckled, shaking her head as he nodded.

"But I'm your idiot," he laughs, quickly leaning closer to her to kiss her cheek, "don't pretend you don't love it."

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't, who really knows," Adria shrugged, laughing as her eyes trailed over the busy streets that the city offered.

Her birthday had just passed, which was lovely she had to admit, and as it was early July they thought it would be nice to go into the city before they would go off to see Alfie's new house, seeing as they hadn't been yet, which was always exciting.

Alfie and Grace, for the most part of their summer that had already past, spent a lot of their time at her house, so seeing theirs wasn't much of an option, and when they weren't at their house, Alfie was at work, and Grace was at her parents' house, seeing as she needed someone to help her for the most part.

"We should go in there," Sirius grinned, pointing to a small ice cream parlour that stuck out amongst the slightly duller buildings with the very colourful exterior, and soon did Adria nod enthusiastically as she pulled on his hand, rushing over to the ice cream parlour just across the road from where they walked previously, "okay, I said go there, not get killed in the process!"

"I haven't had ice cream for ages!" she exclaimed as she pushed open the door, laughing softly when the little bell rang, "I love ice cream!"

"Oh really, I wasn't aware!" Sirius scoffed, closing the door over behind him and watching her rush to the counter, her eyes wide at the amount of flavours and her grin even wider, "I think I'll get strawberry," he teased, watching her turn to him with a glare.

"Don't you dare," she warned, wagging her finger in his face, and jumping back when he bit her finger, yes, literally, bit her finger.

"This is so good," Adria gasped as she took a seat at the small counter right at the window in the small parlour, eating the ice cream from the tub, sitting it on the counter in front of her and watching Sirius do the same, "I love chocolate ice cream."

"Mint chocolate chip is better," Sirius sang, taking a large scoop from the small plastic spoon and watching her eyes narrow, furiously shaking her head.

"It is not," she huffed, "I know for a fact that if we asked our friends, they'd agree that chocolate is the best!"

"Well, actually, I can speak for the boys," Sirius spoke after he had rid the ice cream from his mouth, "James' favourite is mint chocolate chip too, I'm not just saying that, Remus' is cookie dough, and Peter's is caramel."

"Oh, I want to try cookie dough, I trust Remus," Adria nodded, watching as Sirius laughed, shaking his head.

"Can you believe we will be in seventh year after summer," Sirius sighed, disbelief evidently on his features, "it's crazy, it's going by far too fast."

"I know," Adria exclaimed, "it really is crazy, can you believe it's almost been three years since you and I got together?!"

"Well three years on the day before Christmas break," Sirius smirked, reaching for her hand, "it doesn't feel as though it's been that long, I feel as though every time I look at you it's like I'm falling in love with you all over again."