Poems - 33.

Chapter 33

Adria couldn't help the scowl that seemed almost permanently on her lips for the following weeks back at Hogwarts, it seemed that Sirius had taken a liking to talking to girls in their year, and she barely got to see him because of it. Not to mention the knowing smirk on her friends faces whenever she asked where he was, only to get informed that he was out with some girl from another house, or their own house.

She tried her best for it not to annoy her, but her irritation rose drastically whenever she saw a girl with him, she really just couldn't help it.

Currently, she was on the Quidditch pitch with James, he was teaching her about specific moves she could and couldn't do when playing Quidditch against a team but she wasn't really listening to him when her eyes where trained on the stands where Sirius sat with a Slytherin girl who seemed all too happy, and all too close to him for Adria's liking.

"Adria, focus!" James shouted, his eyes trailing to the stands to see what Adria was looking - or rather glaring - at.

"Sorry, James." She muttered, the familiar scowl on her lips as she walked forward to retrieve her broom from him, "let's just start practice."

"You need to know this, Ads." James sighed, looking between Adria and Sirius who was far from paying attention, or supporting Adria like he was supposed to be doing.

"I'll learn it later, please, James, let's just practice." Adria repeated, mounting her broom swiftly and kicking off into the air. James joined her a moment later, both of them hovering at eyelevel with the stands.

"Remember I'll be throwing the Quaffles about and I managed to get a bludger to fly about, just ignore them and look for the snitch," James remined her whilst she nodded silently, gathering up her hair and tying it in a bobble.

"Throw the Quaffles near me, though," Adria said, gripping her broom once again as her hair swung behind her, "try and distract me so that it's a challenge."

"Yeah, I know," James chuckled, "okay let's go!" he threw the snitch in the air, both of them watching as it retracted its wings and flew past Adria quickly. She nodded once more at James before turning her broom around and flying after it, it didn't take her long to lose it through the rain that poured from the sky, it wasn't pouring down, but her vision was impacted slightly that anything looked like the snitch.

She couldn't hear the faint sound of Sirius laughing and turned to see him with his arm wrapped around the Slytherin, trying to shield her from the rain. She growled under her breath, her eyes narrowing at them until she heard James scream, "Adria, watch out!" and a bludgers only slightly missing her head, "Come on, Ads, focus!" she heard James groan, and nodded quickly as she zoomed through the rain and down the pitch.

She passed by James, nodding to Sirius, and rolling her eyes with James doing the same, a small smirk on his lips as he passed by, a Quaffle in hand which he soon after threw at the goals. Adria dodged a bludgers as she rose higher into the air, her eyes scanning each end of the pitch until the faint gleam of gold caught her eye. She kept her gaze on it, zooming past Sirius and the unfamiliar Slytherin in hopes to get them to shut up which seemed to work when she didn't hear the high-pitched giggles.

Her eyes lost the snitch when she turned her head, ducking under a bludgers coming her way, she turned in the air to look for James who was flying around the other side of the pitch. She was frustrated that she hadn't yet caught the snitch, she flew off in James direction, until she heard the faint fluttering of wings and turned to see the snitch hovering beside her.

She threw her head back as she gripped her broom, controlling it as she turned around and reached one hand out to grab the snitch just out of her reach. She could see the bludgers from the corner of her eye but the snitch was just in front of her, and she didn't want to have to fly around looking for it. She strained her body as she pushed herself forward, almost lifting herself off the broom until her hand clasped around the small, gold ball with a small sigh of relief.