Poems - 61.

Chapter 61

"Your friends don't like me," Lia commented one after noon in April as her, Adria and Alina lay across the sofas in the Slytherin common room.

"I know," Adria mumbled, peering up from her book as she leaned her back on Alina's arm, "I'm not sure why."

"Because I'm a Slytherin with a bad reputation, and the hair sometimes makes people wary," Lia gestured to the blue of her hair, rolling her eyes.

"Not to mention that she can be insufferable at times," Alina piped in, dodging the pillow that was perfectly aimed at her head. During the friendship between Adria and Lia, the only person that seemed to like Lia - and not judge her, without knowing her - was unsurprisingly Alina.

"It's rather surprising if I do say so myself, I would never take my friends as anyone to judge someone without knowing them," Adria sighed, thinking back to the day in the great hall when her friends barely batted an eye at her when they were met with the sight of Lia, "I just- I should talk to them."

"No, Ads, don't, I'm okay with it," Lia shrugged, a chuckle leaving her lips whilst Adria shook her head.

"Well I'm not, the last thing I want is to be caught in the middle of something so stupid, you're my friend whether they like it or not, but I don't want to lose them. I just don't see Lily or Remus, or any of them for that matter looking at you like your something below them. As a muggleborn herself, like us, I would've thought Lily would welcome you with open arms." She frowned, closing her book over in her lap when the sudden sadness erupted in her stomach.

"Rumours fly around this castle like seekers who've found the snitch at a quidditch game, Ads, I'm not taking it personally, and neither should you. I would be surprised if they've all heard some stupid nonsense from someone about that weird blue haired girl from Slytherin that was mean, and they've believed it, it's definitely not the first time. I seem to fall victim of many pranks, and if that's what it takes to stand out in this place them so be it!" Lia exclaimed, ignoring the looks of disgust from her fellow house members whose stare lingered on Adria for a moment at the sight of a Gryffindor in their house.

Adria had checked, and it was not breaking the rules to enter another house.

"I think if you're going to ask one of your friends, it should really be Sirius," Alina piped in, nudging Adria slightly, who was almost certain that It was going to be another joke about her and Sirius' relationship, but Alina looked completely serious when Adria moved to look at her.

"Why?"

"Well, because he can't help but be honest with you," Alina laughed, "I'm sure your friends have told a few white lies to make you feel better but if there's one thing to admire about Sirius is that he's always honest with you, so if you ask him why he, or the boys, or even the girls don't like Lia then he'd be the one to tell you why, and when you tell him the truth about Lia then you bet that he'd trust you to tell all of your friends that they're all wrong."

"You think?" asked Adria, a small smile decorating her lips at the thought of her boyfriend, a look that made Lia roll her eyes, resulting in the pillow that was previously thrown at Alina, strike her on the head.

"Uncalled for," she grumbled, a frown on her lips when she was met with a smirking Adria.

"No, it was very called for," Adria giggled, pushing herself up from where she lay on Alina, and grabbing her book from the empty space on the sofa, she stood from the sofa, "now I am going to get to the bottom of this, because you are cool as hell and I want my friends to know that I can be friends with someone who dyed their hair on their own accord and of which I did not dye without their permission."