Poems - 56.

Chapter 56

"Dory," Adria stopped suddenly, her hand gripping her wand as she turned slowly to Dorcas who sat atop one of the common room sofas with her book rested on her knees, "Dory, I think I did it!"

"No, you did not!" Dorcas gasped, her book now lying on the sofa and the Gryffindor rushing to approach her friend with wide eyes, "you couldn't have!"

"I think I did," Adria giggled, nodding her head slightly, "come on, we need to get the boys!"

"Yes, let's go!" Dorcas exclaimed, pulling Adria along as the smaller of the two tucked her wand back into the gap of her boot.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Adria laughed, allowing Dorcas to pull her up the stairs to the boy's dormitory. Adria pushed the door open in a hurry, startling the poor boys who clutched their hearts when the door barged open.

"Merlin, Adria, you gave me a heart attack!" Sirius exclaimed, heaving a breath with wide eyes.

"Oh shush, stop being so dramatic!" she scoffed, grabbing his hand and pulling him along whilst Dorcas grinned at the three other boys scattered around the room.

"Can I ask where you're taking me?" Sirius spoke, his eyebrow raised as Adria pulled him from the room, past Dorcas and down the stairs to the stairs to the common room.

"Okay, we're here!" she clapped her hands together, gesturing to the stairs leading to the girl's dormitory and then back to Sirius who looked completely confused.

"I don't under-"

"Go," Adria laughed, gesturing once again to the stairs so that he would walk up them.

"Babe, I can't do that..." Sirius trailed off, his eyebrows furrowed whilst Adria rolled her eyes, taking the first step and pulling him along whilst he frantically protested. Not only would he slip and fall if he attempted to walk up the stairs, but so would Adria, and that's the last thing he wanted.

"Sirius, come on!" She exclaimed, pulling him so that he finally stumbled onto the first step. His eyes where closed tight as he braced himself for Adria tumbling into him, but when nothing came, his eyes slowly fluttered open in disbelief, and obviously, confusion.

"Wha-" Sirius cut himself off as he looked around, his eyes on the stairs that where still very much there under him, with his feet on top and his hand still clasped in Adria's he was walking atop of the girls stairs, and the look on Adria's face was nothing but victory.

"I did it!" she screeched, jumping excitedly as she pulled Sirius up the rest of the way, laughing wildly as she done so.

"Wait, you done this?" Sirius asked, his eyes wide and lips parted, "you disabled the charm?"

"I did!" she squealed, nodding enthusiastically as she turned to face him once they reached the top, "it worked, it actually worked!"

"How!" Sirius laughed, "how did you possibly do that?!"

"The charm was in the restricted section, so with McGonagall's signature which I oh so strategically kept, I managed to grab it on my quest to find the animagus books. I've been reading up on charms and I happened to find a charm that disables charms, but not permanently, the disabling charm will reset in like maybe two days or so."

What started as a slight fascination with how charms worked turned into a quest that Adria couldn't quite figure out. Over the days, she had left before classes started up she found herself rather bored and the librarian wasn't bothered too much about the books she was taking, which paired with McGonagall's signature was a perfect use of her time. She found the charms book hidden as she returned most of the animagus books, and thought it would be an interesting read as she wanted to learn about charms much more, and finding the disabling charm was by sheer luck.