Poems - 130.

Chapter 130

"Hi."

"H-Hi."

A staring match was what it was, between to old friends amongst friends they both shared, but none of the two had tried any attempts to rekindle the old flame that once burned. If not for their friends in their best attempt to get the two together, then they wouldn't be standing here right now, in the middle of the courtyard on the warm night with their friends, all of them, all of Adria's friends who she had soon introduced them too.

There was a whole group, but all of them where nice, kind, welcoming, friendly, so much so that the introverts didn't feel all that out of place amongst the lot, they felt at home, really, and they loved it, all they wished for was the home they lost to come back to them.

Tallulah, to Gully, looked unreal, beautiful, an angel, his first crush, the girl he had tried to forget for years, forget their friendship and the growing love he felt for her, but as he stood in front of her, hearing her voice, her soft voice that always seemed to calm him, his feelings, like a forceful wave knocked him back, filling him with the likeness that he thought he had got over.

But he hadn't.

Gully, to Tallulah, was the shy, adorable, gorgeous, awkward boy that she couldn't help but love, even after years, taking in the height he had grown, the features which had defined on his face, his eyes that hadn't changed at all, still producing love and kindness, it felt as though the bubbling happiness in her stomach just from the sound of his voice was a new beginning that she couldn't wait to start, a new chapter in a book of her life, when tragedy struck, this was the life after, filled with relief and love, all just from his voice.

They stared at each other for what seemed like hours, but in actual fact only minutes, and soon was it Gully to take a step, and then another, and another until he had pulled her into his embrace, his hands on the lower and upper parts of her back, pulling her closer to him, as close as she could go, and soon was her arms around his neck, gripping onto him tightly, basking in the scent of him, the scent that had worn off the jumper she had previously stolen, the one she wore to bed every night.

His head moved, nudging hers slightly, and soon as she moved her head to the side ever so slightly did his nuzzle into her neck, the warmth of his breath tickling her neck as though it was those few years ago, and she loved it.

It didn't take long for him to lift her off the ground, basking in her embrace, basking in her touch on his skin, he couldn't help himself, he wanted her close to him with every second, and both where so completely oblivious to the gushing hopeless romantics just to the side, squealing as quietly as they could as they watched the two rekindle their friendship right in front of their eyes.

Gully's hands moved to her waist, tightening his grip on her and hearing her soft laugh as she moved to support herself, wrapping her legs around his waist just so that it was much easier to hug him. They were making up for lonely years, the times they had lost each other, basked in sadness and tears, all alone without one another to hold, the pain of it all wiping from their memory as the previous times they had together entered their mind, swirling like a beautiful wave of euphoria filled with love and hope.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," Gully whispered over and over again, his lips brushing her ear as he spoke, feeling her shake her head furiously, "I-I had to let you go, as much as it killed me, I couldn't let them hurt you, I couldn't let you go through that, I cou-"

She cut him off as she lifted her head from his shoulder, moving to stare at him with a smile unlike any she had produced in recent years, for starters, this one was genuine. She smiled with ease, as though something she had perfected, but in actual fact she had barely smiled at all, until now, as she stared at her once friend, she couldn't help the corners of her mouth tugging into the smile she gave him, lifting one of her hands from the back of his neck to caress his cheek, tracing soft patterns on his cheekbone whilst her head shook ever so slightly.