Poems - 31.

Chapter 31

"You're not weird, Alina," Adria sighed, the two siblings at across from each other in the common room of the Gryffindor tower on the day after classes had started, classes had already finished for the day, and Adria wasted no time to retrieve Alina so she could know all about how her day went.

"Yes I am!" Alina exclaimed, her eyes welling with tears that she wouldn't let spill, her much shorter, lighter brown hair, different from Adria's fell over her shoulders, almost hiding her features from view but Adria could see quite clearly that she was upset, "they look at me like I'm this...this alien!"

Anger bubbled in the pit of Adria's stomach, her long, darker brown hair which she had styled into a loose braid fell down her back, and swished when she shook her head furiously, her eyes narrowed into slits at the thought of anyone hurting her sister, "You are not an Alien, or anything strange, or weird, or odd, you are Alina and you are full of love and kindness and whoever cannot see past that is not worth your time!"

"Love and kindness won't get me friends, Addy," the girl pouted, her voice trembling as the first tear spilled, running down her face slowly as though the first drop of a storm to come.

"It'll get you the right friends, Alina!" Adria exclaimed, "now please, stop crying Alina because your pretty face shouldn't be the victim of tears unless they are of happiness!"

"I can't," the eleven-year-old whispered, hiding her face from her sisters view as she let out a sob she was unable to hold back, the sound rang through Adria's ears painfully, her sister meant the world to her and she never ever wanted anything to hurt her, it felt like a stab in her stomach knowing that her sister was miserable.

"Alina, you should never be upset over such prejudices!" Adria sighed, leaning forward and gently pulling her hands away from her face, "you deserve to be in Slytherin, if the hat chose Slytherin for you that is where you belong, who cares if you're a muggleborn, we are too young to have to deal with something we aren't able to control, please, Alina, do not worry."

"I've only been here a few days, three days and everyone hates me already," the younger of the two whispered, her throat aching with the knot that formed and her hands shaking with sadness, "I want to go home."

"Don't say that, Allie," Adria whispered, shaking her head with a tear of her own spilling from her eyes, "Hogwart's will be amazing for you, no matter what house you are in you don't need friends in that house, I have friends in Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw as well as Gryffindor."

"But none from Slytherin," Allie sighed, choking back a sob as she looked away from her sister.

"Well no, I don't," Adria said truthfully, "but Lily does, and Lily is a muggleborn." Although she wasn't overly fond of Severus Snape, he was a perfect example.

"But who would want to be friends with me?" asked Alina, "I thought maybe I would get into Hufflepuff."

Adria let out a soft laugh, her eyes widening slightly with disbelief shining through, "so did I, I didn't think I was right for Gryffindor, but my friends have showed me over the time that I've know them that I belong here, and yes there are times when I still think maybe I should be in Hufflepuff so you know what I am? I'm a Gryffinpuff." Alina giggled through her tears, her eyes squinting as she let a faint smile fall on her lips.

"So, does that mean I'm a Slytherpuff?" asked Alina, pulling her hand from Adria's grip to wipe her tearstained cheeks.

"Or a Hufflerin?" Adria suggested, frowning when it didn't sound good when she said it aloud.

"I think Slytherpuff," Alina whispered, "are you sure that I'll make friends, Adria? Promise me."

"I pinky promise," Adria stuck out her pinky, watching Alina reluctantly wrap her own around it, "you already have friends, Alina, you have me."