VIII. Rendezvous

No beta-reader

|| Rendezvous ||

..

....

After the rain ended, the sedated forest was covered by rainwater. The skies above were dark nimbus clouds gradually faded turning to a clear powdered blue. The half-covered sun glows its rays through the serene peaceful woods. Water dropped from its emerald leaves pour off to the ground and each spring flowers sprinkled with clear crystal-like waters. Then, all crawling types of insect had finally gone out from their hideouts while the other winged insects were starting to fly around their designated areas.

Then, there's this lonely house standing in the middle of the tranquil forest, seemingly looked antiquated like an abandon one. At this instant, a soft instrumental flute was suddenly playing itself.

Minutes after, Ringo finished playing her bamboo flute and placed it down on her lap as she took a glance at it. Then, her head turned upwards, the sun rays shone to her flawless face. All she saw above is the clear sky covered with thin tree branches. 

She then remembered something that she'll never forget...a memory of her younger years.

-----------

Around Ninety men and women kneeled in alignment with wearing their dirty white Hanfu dresses stained by their own blood. Each pair of their eyes covered and tied with a white cloth around. Their appearance looked brutally tortured with their obvious dark bruises spots marked on their whole bodies.

She heard their raspy, berserk and agonised voices. They were cried beseeching their forgiveness even though, they never committed any crimes against their Emperor. They never feared their unanticipated death but they were all worried about their young offsprings will be leaving behind in this world surrounded by cruel societies which it might be ruining their future lives. 

Not long after, they were stabbed without any warnings by blades of swords at their backs. Some of them were sliced each of their throats until all of their bodies turned to a lifeless cadaver. Afterwards, their bodies were thrown and formed into mounds of it, brutally burned in the public execution area witnessed with horrified civilian people.

'O-outo-san! Okaa-san!' Ringo sobbed. Those times, she was still a young innocent child.

Both of her naked hands and knees with a covered of her Hanfu dirty red skirt were touched onto the ground. Her eyes were horrified seeing her parents from one of the pile dead bodies were remorselessly burned.

----------

Her eyes turned frightened as she breaths deeply. Tears fell from her downturned head to her wooden flute, hands began to tremble. 

 It will be unforgotten, both for herself and her clan for the rest of their lives. They destroyed their clan's reputation as the Royal palaced and its people became against them after the death of her husband, the Emperor. Because of these outsiders from the Fire country, her kingdom got involved the shinobi clan war and turned into corruption. 

All thanks to the Senju of the Forest.

------

''I will never forgive to all of you! I will curse... and drag you to hell!' Ringo snarled. Her teary eyes were filled with dark hatred. Both of her shivering grimy hands grip tightly holding her inner furiousness.

-------

She remembered her furious threat against that young Batsuma and his Father.