VI. Awaken

|| Awaken ||

..

...

...

Three pairs of fierce-looking young eyes lured towards a group of Kaguya men wanting these three young shinobis to be killed by their hands. Their face countenances were bizarrely demented.

'They seemed possessed.' Sakura thought. Her solemn eyes scanned overall their facial expressions. To her observation, they obviously not at in their right mind. Their scleras were covered in black whilst their bodies were uncontrollably trembling. Someone did control them...possibly that dark shadow beast?

Her eyes instantly scrutinized around, but there are no signs of that dark beast's presence nor she could sense his chakra signature. It was hard for her to detect that black Zetsu without activating her power.

Sakura ever wondered why this power that Hagoromo had given to her has its limits? Then, she tried to remember Hagoromo's words...during those time she met him in her dream.

...

"...Zetsu cannot be easy to defeat and hard to find him. Pay attention to this, Sakura."

Sakura kept her hearing ready to listen to Hagoromo's warnings. Eyes were started to frown.

"He was made by my mothers, a will incarnate of hers. His power...' Hagoromo knitted his brows. '...has the ability to absorb someone else's chakra."

...

Her eyes rapidly gaped open and finally realised that it was Hagoromo's warning. This means, he already aware of black Zetsu's presumptuous schemes after that Kaguya's will incarnate had been absorbed half of Hagoromo's chakra back then when Sakura confronted Kaguya as the scroll began absorbing Sakura's body.

However, Sakura didn't know when did this happen?

Then, she slightly activated her mind power, letting its surroundings turned the time to move slowly. A leaf falls rapidly swaying through the untouched river water between Sakura's group with Madara and Hashirama behind while in front of them were meters away from where there are a group of Kaguya men. In an instant, the leaf's falling speed was turning into an inchmeal.

Sakura closes her eyes, using her vision to search her visual memories, trying to find out when Kaguya's will incarnate did absorbed her chakra. Her pitch-black sight gradually saw her memories. The first-time meeting with Hashirama and Madara in the forest. A flash of white light, she saw the beautiful blonde-haired lady who she met from the marketplace. Another flash of light, a memory of healing Kawarama.

Another light appears but it was more and a long radiant light 'til she ultimately saw her memory that she was barely hard to forget. Her first vision was a lustreless, but then it gradually clearing out until she finally glimpsed the memory what she has to see.

Half of the dead body of shinobis with blood scattered around killed by an Uchiha Madara in her timeline. Another shinobi, her family, her Shisou Tsunade and her closest friends were wrapped by the good tree's stems and hanged their bodies like cocoons. At this moment, where she holds the scroll glows widely as she glared at Kaguya was about to come towards her in slow motion.

But then, she moves her emerald iris down at the right corner when she felt something cold that touches around her right arm. Her eyes gradually open and looked frozen, her heart pounds faster and slowly began her mental gasped.

There she saw a shadowy deformed hand figure had touched at Sakura's right wrist. With some crimson chakra absorbed through him.

A luminous light suddenly flashes brighter as she returned to reality, her eyes rapidly open in a wide intense shock while her iris began to tremble. What she saw at that moment was making her incandescent.