Chapter 30

"Why do you always stare at me? Whenever I am near you, I noticed your bizarre gaze. Why is it?" She complained.

"I... I don't know. I'm sorry. But I can't control it. I mean... I am... unable to... " He felt weird of himself.

When you are with me, what else will I look at? I want to see you always. I want to fill my vision with you. You stand in front of me like an angel, like a goddess. Everything around just fade away.

"It's okay, its okay. I don't mind. I really enjoy your glance." She pouted her lips. Her eyes were playful.

"Really... no way... I know its awkward. But do you... really?" His eyes opened wide with excitement.

"Yes." She smiled. "I missed you."

His heart skipped a beat. Did I hear that? Did she say that she missed me? A huge wave hit the shore of his heart.

Now just say you love me.

I love you Albert, but I won't say it aloud. You shouldn't hear that.

"Me too. I was looking around like crazy. Where have you been?"

"That's a long story. Leave it. What's new with you?"

Again she is changing the topic.

"I am just surviving. It was so bad without you. Lonely days for me. You say, what's the latest news?"

“There is nothing special."

Its better you not hear it.

"Nothing new? After all these months." He wanted to hear something hopeful.

"No, just an old thing only."

"What is that?" He felt fear in his words. Is he going to hear something he would least prefer?

Please don't say. I don't want to hear. I shouldn't have asked.

"It's worse." Her reply was muffled.

He felt all his nerves exhausting. He was afraid to ask more.

Once again she opted to change the subject.

"Leave it. I enjoyed last few months a lot. I went for a world tour."

Without me?

"You said nothing special happened."

She chuckled.

"Why didn't you call me? I'd have come with you."

"Someone said, you should travel alone once in your life. It gives you a lot of self confidence and belief. It helps you understand yourself better. And moreover, you really feel the freedom."

The truth is I wanted to be away from your love.

" Which places you visited?"

"Jerusalem, Palestine, Italy, Vatican, Indonesia and then back in India. Varanasi, Haridwar, etc."

"Whoa. Quite a spiritual journey."

I was searching my soul.

You won't find it anywhere else. Look into me. Your soul is mingled with mine. Don't you realize it? Don't you feel the invisible bonds that connect our souls. You can't deny it, my love.

I know Albert. From the first moment I saw you, I knew you were special. I realize the spark in your eyes. I always feel that inseparable bond of spirits. Though it was undeniable, I had to act that I don't recognize it.

We can't be distant, Sara. Those bonds are stronger than you could ever imagine. Those are the cosmic rays of love and life. We are bound by them. How much you deny them, they will resurge in you. Those emissions has to find its true self and true partner. They will always find a way to keep us close.

*****