Chapter 7

He was in deep sleep while Sara came into his room. She knocked the door thrice but there was no response. She entered the room saw Albert lying on the bed sleeping peacefully like a child.
She gazed at him. His heart was pounding slowly. His chest moved so calm and smooth. His face showed all innocence of a child.

The stare wasn't long, but it was more than enough for thoughts to race through her mind in a rapid procession. Sara always thought too many, now more than her usual.

She moved closer to him and saw his face nearer. She remembered how Albert would look at her in the eyes. His eyes always said how much he cares her and how much special she is for him .

He is the one who showed care and respect and made her feel how adorable and beautiful she is in every way.

She knows inside her that Albert already fell in love with her and that is the thing she's too afraid of. She could feel her own vulnerability now. He is so special to her, not just special but the only man she loves.

What made her love him? Well, she didn't know that. She didn't love for any reason. He was never sympathetic to her loneliness but always compassionate. He made her feel alive. Alive, yes, very much alive. He is the reason she wanted to live. Otherwise, she was just spending the days on this planet.

And yet, she was afraid. She never wanted to love anyone. Never, Albert. Love always hurts. Love is pain. Love endures suffering. It also brings a lot of happiness and joy but she knows happiness never wants to stay with her. It embraces her for a moment and evaporates in the next.

She sits at the edge of the bed and try to reach his heart but pulls her hands away. She wanted to feel his heart beat. She just wants to lay on his chest and wishes to hear the music of his heart singing for her. She began to tremble.

"This is wrong." She murmured.

Everything is not on it's place like she wanted. She didn't even planned to fall for this guy. All she wanted was to be happy. And Albert is her happiness.

A sudden pain aroused in her chest. She could feel it shearing apart the muscles of her heart. She was trying to prevent a flower to grow inside her and even though she tried her best to kill it inside, she knows that she can never stop from growing and blooming . She almost succeeded but the flower has now blossomed.

It's hard to do things you believe in yourself that are impossible. You already know from the very start that you will lose.

She already cleared it to herself that she will never love anyone till she met Albert. She didn't want to get hurt nor she wanted to hurt anyone, especially those who are so dear to her.

"I love you Albert. But I will just keep it to myself. I don't want to hurt you. I hope you understand. I want you to be happy always. Let me bear all the pain." She whispered inside her mind.

She could feel the inescapable emotional burden inside her soul. It was so deep and intense, she herself couldn't fathom.
Why did she invited him to visit her village? There is nothing but emptiness. Everything sucked into a black hole, her village. Nothing can escape, no one. She invited him into the eternal void. She only is responsible. She felt guilt.

***

***