Chapter 10

Shall I repeat again. He thought. Instead he asked something else. "What's the matter? "

"Nothing." She replied, shaking her head swiftly.

"I know something is bothering you. Tell me. " He persisted.

She sighed." I miss them. "

Albert didn't ask again because he already knew who she was referring to.

She turned her head towards him and smiled.

Her smile gave him confidence." I am serious. I love you. " His voice was firm and loud enough.

" Its not love. It's just concern and sympathy. " The reply was fast.

He already knew everything about her. Before they reached the village she told him everything he needs to know. Even the shocking truth Sara's been hiding for so long in herself.

She never wanted anyone's pity on her.

"No it's not. I started to love you when I first saw you at the beach. It was love at first sight for me. That time I didn't know anything about you but I did feel something for you."

Sara gave him a shocked stare when she heard what Albert said.

She recalled that day when she first saw Albert at the beach. He was just a stranger who looked her and passed by. But her mind said, she is going to meet him again. And it happened. Here they are. Two wandering souls searching for shelter came together under one roof. Still an undistinguishable feeling of longevity opaqued between them. They both tried to reason with that and unearth the love they kept inside covered with both reasonable and unreasonable excuses.

"What did you just say?" She asked him as she was lost in her thoughts.

"I said marry me." He repeated in a clear tone.

This is the hardest part. She thought. She was expecting his proposal any moment but she was unplanned how to tackle and get out of the situation. There was nothing pleasant in it and she did feel a heavy boulder on her chest.

Change the topic. That was her only option.

"Albert". She said in a deeper but softer voice. "There is no love at first sight. It is only a mere attraction of the beauty you see in the other person. You are just admiring the beauty. And you expect to see the person again. Gradually it leads to love. But remember beauty fades away. The fun fact is no one ever had any love at first sight to an ugly person".

"I don't know about that. One thing I know is..."

She interrupted him. "Albert look, maybe you were attracted towards me at your first sight. Then you started liking me in a special way. Gradually more emotions came into existence as we met and started to know each other. And..." She paused for a moment and looked deeper into his eyes. It was so hard to control the emotions but she had to. She let go a heavy sigh. She tried to maintain a posture and sat stiff. He rubbed his hands together but didn't utter a word. After few moments of silence she continued. "...after hearing about me your sympathy stood up ahead of other feelings and you think it is love..." She couldn't finish her words. She knew she is lying. Her lips were trembling.

***