Chapter 19

He wanted to talk, an undeniable rush to know her but wasn't sure whether he should approach her. I am Albert and I would like to know about you. He rehearsed himself.

What's attracting him towards her? He didn't know. There was a feeling anew in him. A new emotion rising from the depth of his soul.

But he didn't had the courage to move towards her. What if she gets angry? What if she is waiting for someone?

Finally, she stood up to leave. He stared at her face. He saw an unusual glimpse. He continued to look at her. His eyes were checking her out. Late 20s. He said to him. His eyes followed her as she walked away.

He lay on his back and looked at the stars. He saw a face glittering among them. He closed his eyes. He could see only her face.

I should have talked to her, at least asked her name. Albert let off an unhappy sigh. Will I see her again? He was unsure of that. He wished to meet her again. He wanted to talk to her and hear her voice.

He tried to get rid of her picture. But failed.

What is happening? Is this what everyone says 'love at first sight'. Am I in love?

He looked around. Beach was empty. Everyone has already left. That was a private beach and no one was allowed to stay too long other than Saturdays and Sundays.

Tomorrow I will come at the same time. He said to himself as he left the beach and entered the city limits. He knew his eyes were searching for that face.

*

Who was he? Sara asked to herself. Why was he constantly looking at me? His eyes were speaking something in an unknown language. That was unusual.

But she wondered why is she thinking about him. So many people stare at each other, they speak through eyes and gestures and he is just one among them. She tried to reason in her mind. He is just a random person.

There was definitely an undeniable spark in his eyes. She wanted to see that spark again, yet she wished to avoid meeting him once again. She reckoned she should have avoided that leisure at beach so she would never met him.

She let off deep sighs constantly. She was disturbed. Still she knew within a couple of days she will forget him. She took a stubborn decision that her 29 years of solitude would never be broken.

She was all alone in a strange wave of loneliness. She missed everybody. She even missed herself. She stood in the middle of her reminiscing memories but she felt something unusual. It was like someone is staring at her, trying to capture her memories.

It was a sleepless night for her.

At some distance away from her, there was someone who also find it hard to sleep that night.

***