Chapter 28

It was Independence Day. People outside were celebrating the freedom and remembering the great freedom fighters.

Albert sat alone in the voids of his den, the room was unlit. He was blank, not even thoughts entered his mind. He stared into the darkness, absent minded.

He could hear the voices of the crowd descending and slowly it melted away. Then he heard a heavy thunder and cloud burst followed. A sudden chill sweeped in through the tiny spaces of the doors and windows and embraced him.

He could feel a door opening inside his chest. And she entered, Sara. She looked at him and smiled. Her playful eyes twinkled and her lips twitched open to send him a flying kiss. There was nothing to say. Words flew around them, but nothing made sense.

Am i going insane?

He let off a deep sigh.

Then suddenly he heard a knock on the front door and frustration build up inside him thinking of an uninvited visitor who is going to keep him away from his loneliness and boredom. He wanted to be alone.

He stood up and walked towards the door. He had no choice.

He stretched himself, only then he realized he was sitting for a long time. He slowly walked towards the door.

He greeted the visitor with annoyance as he bang open the door. Then he saw her.

He could feel the iceberg of frustration melting away. He was engulfed in excitement and enchantment. She smiled like it was the beautiful gift she could offer. The angelic smile.

"Hi." He heard Sara's childish voice. Still surprised, he couldn't speak. His heart was overwhelming with joy. It was more than six months since he had seen her last.

The rains were heavy. She was completely drenched. Water dripped all over her. Droplets sparkled on her eyelids and temples.

He stood at the door staring at her. It was an unexpected visit. Their eyes had a lot to speak, ask about so many things, complain and confess. Even the moments couldn't dare to wink. For that few seconds everything came to a halt.

Their breaths were in single rhythm, hearts beat in unison, they could see the longevity in each other's eyes.

You can't deny my love, however far you go. The language of souls travel the fastest. You can't resist the voice of love.

I'm not a prisoner of love.

Everyone is. Love binds everyone into a single form. And the song of the soul will always find its mate.

It is what you believe. I am running from it.

And yet, you are back.

Yes I am. I am tired of running away from your love. What other choice do I have?

That says you are imprisoned by love. Just accept it. Let's float with the stream of passion.

Those moments were special. Two long lost souls met once again by the law that abides the very existence of human form. Even they were aware that their souls were intertwined within themselves and it was undeniable.

They both knew that this evening is going to be long.

"Oh boy, stop staring like that and let me in." Her eyes had that playfulness again and then only he realized he was speaking directly to her soul. We are soul mates.

"Sorry." He looked at her foolishly. Then moved sideways.

*****