Chapter 11

He remembered what she said during their journey. Though it hit him hard he tried to ignore it.

"Oh God". He sounded frustrated and unhappy but tried to remain calm. "Sara, what are you saying? This is not sympathy or any fascination. I really love you with all my heart. And I want you as my wife."

She looked up at the night sky. Her eyes were full. Though not a single drop run down.

It was getting cooler and the breeze was sweeping away the fog. Sky was clear. Tiny illuminated dots were shining brighter.

"Do you love me? " He asked finally.

" You know the answer. I like you, but... " Her voice cracked and were deep within herself. I am lying. Her inner voice exploded.

" I know one thing. I love you and I need you in my life. " He was stubborn.

" It's nonsense. You know that it is not possible. Maybe the Gods don't want that. " Accept it Sara. Sounds continued to bombard in her heart. She was fighting inside an unbloodshed battle.

" This is the most sensible thing, Sara. " He was persistent with his convincing mode.

"No". She told with authority, yet her voice was shaking.

"Why not? I know you love me. I can feel it. Why don't you admit it? Stop pretending Sara. At least don't lie to yourself. "

He paused for a moment and looked at her. He knew she is getting emotionally weaker. Then grabbing her right arm, he said. "Marry me."

"I can't Albert, please. We are friends always." She suddenly started crying. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Sara, look at me." For a while he didn't know what to do. But he decided to push himself hard. "I know you love me. You always say just live in the moment. Don't think too much. Live this moment with me. Let it be the start of our new life together."

He reached out his hands and took her face inside his palms. She was still sobbing. He wiped her tears and wrapped his arms around her. She could hear his heart beating for her now.

She stopped crying. He released her and looked into her eyes. He saw a new spark. He lowered his face closer to hers and lifted her chin. His lips touched hers gently .

They kissed, long and desperate. Their eyes closed, their skin prickled, their tears mingled, their heartbeats singled, entangled in an aura of emotions and in those moments everything they wanted to say was already spoken, he promised his vows and his indomitable will to be with her no matter what and she, her resistance along with impenetrably veiled love.

They both surrendered to each other with unquestioning full hearted trust. Her unexpressed and unexposed love was venerated and the lust burning in their desires was sacred.

The feeling of uneasiness and the anxiety of conscience slowly melt away. She forgot the pain that is going to surface soon. She wanted to live in the present moment and she wanted to live it with him. Her resistance vaporized.

The energy of celestial love embraced them twinkling every tissue to be in a union forever.

The adrenaline floods in their nervous system and they could feel the volcano of red lava ready to erupt inside their chests.

A chilling breeze of lust came through the open sky and embraced them. Their hug tightened.

They were meant to be together, they were meant to be one and one they became.

Stars blinked their eyes.

***