Chapter 1

"This is amazing." After getting down from the bus, Albert didn't hide his astonishment. He was surprised to see the beauty of the entire vicinity. He really was dumbfounded to see the exquisite magnificence of pure nature. The air was so fresh and real and had a lively fragrance . Cool breeze from the hills gently touched his face. He felt he was getting cleansed from all the smoke and dust of the city. He sensed being so alive. He never had been to a village before.

It was all green. A silent ambience . The whole area was filled with the aroma of countless flowers.

He felt he was in paradise.

"Beauty at its best." He muttered.

The village was picturesque.

Albert couldn't believe what he was seeing. He never expected such beauty exists. He felt he was reborn, rather just a newborn and looking at the beauty of nature.

The cool breeze of air, the smell of fresh leaves, the fragrance of flowers, the sound of waves afar and the sounds of different birds on the trees and the petrichor, scent of earth after the rain ; each and every feeling was anew.

He almost forgot everything for quite long time. Just for a moment he realized Sara's presence. She was enjoying his excitement and delectation.

"Thank you for bringing me here". He looked at her. She could know that he said it from his heart.

She gave him a sweet and genuine smile as a reply.

"This is a perfect place for a long vacation. A place where you can enjoy your life to the simplest and fullest. The real gateway of escape from all the stress and noise in the city.

"I think you like the place." Sara stood behind him. Her voice was low.

"Yes. This is beyond my imagination. I never knew such beauty existed on this planet. This is really 'sight of a lifetime'."
The beauty of nature ensorcelled him.

They both looked at the bus moving away from them. As they watched , the village dust blinded the bus.It was the only thing that connects the village to the outside world.

Bus enters the village as there was an old muddy trail still left.
It only enters for a halt if there is anybody to get down which normally won't happen and takes a sharp turn and leaves the village.

"Do you want me to tour you around or you want to have a rest now?" Sara asked him while Albert continued to adore the beauty of the place.

"I think that's a good idea". He answered.

"What idea?" Sara asked him with confusion. She didn't get what he wants to do.

"The tour". He said joyfully.

"Are you sure? " Sara asked again with a playful smile.

The atmosphere changed rapidly. The dusk came. Whole area became silent. No birds have been flying in the sky. No chirping of birds . No winds. No tidal voices. All quiet.

He felt only both of them were there in the village.

He could know a mist spreading slowly both outside and inside him. His voice became clumsy. Sara noticed the change.

I know you are upset. But it is okay. Not everything is under our control. However the choice remains ours whether to be happy or not.

***