Chapter 9

"It's celebration time. " She blushed and smiled cutely as she always did.

Albert shook his head in agreement.

" We need something special for the occasion. " She laughs. He looked at her blinking eyes.

Obviously he meant yes. He could never say no to her. But he didn't know what special 'something' they needed.

She stood up and walked towards the wooden closet kept at the corner of the room. She opened it and stared inside for few seconds. She was trying to choose which one to pick. Then she returned to the table with a bottle of French cognac. That was least expected by Albert.

She gestured at him childishly with a wicked smile and raising her eyebrows twice.

The surprises never ends. He thought. He didn't even make a move. He sat there rooted to his chair. He didn't even took his eyes off her. His eyes said clearly he was really surprised to see her with a bottle of alcohol.

Sara started feeling a little uncomfortable.

"What? " She kept the bottle on the table. " You don't drink? "

"Yes. " He mumbled.

" Then why are you looking at me like this? "

He could feel an uneasy tone in her voice.

" Oh nothing. Sorry. I just went absent minded. But, this is unbelievable. I never thought you would drink. "

" Why not? " She smirked." I drinks only at special occasions. Its fun. " She winked at him and offered him the bottle.

Albert opened the cork and poured into two glasses she pushed towards him.

" Ice? " Sara asked calmly while glancing at a still shocked Albert. It made him feel even more nervous, although he is a weekend drinker. But he never drank with a girl before.

Looking at him Sara burst into a laughter. She continued laughing for a long time as she couldn't control. Though he felt a little shy and awkward, he joined Sara seeing her overwhelming with joy.

"Sure. " He said in a confident voice.

" Finally. " She said, letting out a whooshing noise.

She picked up one small cube of ice and dropped it into his glass and two ice cubes for herself.
Gripping its throat, he hoisted the glass up.

The glasses made a clanging noise when they brought together.

" For our sweet and memorable moments. " Sara chuckled.

Albert nodded. He whispered inside. For our love.

*****

"I love you

"I love you. Marry me." Albert looked into her eyes. His voice had a pleading tone.

They were sitting in the central courtyard after dinner and cleaning up the kitchen. She was sitting in an old wooden swing and looked at the star studded night.

"It's very chilly atmosphere. I think the mist is going to deepen through out the night." She muttered

"Yes, it is very cold. Why are we sitting here? Let's go inside." He couldn't recognize his own voice. It was like what I was supposed to say and what I am saying.

A cool breeze surrounded them and the chill was gradually rising with the fog creating a translucent veil between them.

"No, it's fine."

He was seated on a mat kept on the red oxide floor in front of her. He could feel her mind filled with emotions and full of thoughts running carelessly like a river. She was staring at the farthest corners of the sky searching for something.

***