Chapter 26

"It was a sad story, right?" Sara cocked her gaze at Albert while sipping the coffee.

He didn't say a word.

"We can't change our past. So don't worry about it. I believe they are happy in heaven." She tried to smile.

Albert sat blankly not knowing what to say.

"Why do you want to meet me again?" She demanded.

" I like your company." A shy but fast reply escaped his lips.

"What does that mean?"

He just smiled at her. She could easily understand what he meant.

Its been more than two months, since they seen each other at the beach.

"Can we have dinner together?" He asked suddenly.

Sara was surprised. "A date?" She chuckled.

"Hey chill." He thought she is going to say no.

But she nodded in agreement. "When?"

"Tomorrow at my house. You can taste and judge my preparation."

"Seems like a good idea. But, I am not sure."

"Why? What happened?" He was desperate.

"I am going to my village tomorrow. I have some commitments there."

"Can I come with you?" He asked with doubt in his mind.

"Its a long journey and will be boring and tiring."

"It doesn't matter. I really wish to come."

Don't you realize that I really want to be with you always.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." He nodded.

"Okay. Anyways there is something I need you to know. I will tell that tomorrow." She sounded serious.

"I am all ears." He smiled.

I hate to say, but your smile is going to fade away. A dagger is going to pierce your heart. An inescapable fate awaits us.

"Okay, see you at the bus station. Now let's go. I have to buy something and pack my things."

He felt it was the happiest moment of his life. 'I have to buy a more important and precious thing.' He said to himself.

After she left, he walked in to a jewelry store.

*

He walked through the crowd, noticing nothing. His mind was blank, yet too full with blistering joy.

Tomorrow is the biggest and greatest day of my life. Its the start. He was excited, excited so indefinitely within himself. His mind exploded with joy, each cell reverberating and celebrating the freedom from emotional disturbance. There is only amiable satisfaction now.

That night, he saw a lot of dreams. So many colorful dreams. Thoughts to be exact. In the middle of the night, he screamed. I am in love and my love has found me.

He could feel all the happiness of the world around him.

Albert sat in his bed. He knew he could not sleep. The best day of his life. No, best day is yet to come. This is the most important day marking the pivotal change in his life.

Everything is changing. His perception towards life, passion, enthusiasm, everything is changing.

He can now understand what's being in love means.

I'm not the Albert who lived a lonely life. I'm new, changed man. I am in love with an angel.

He could hear his own heartbeats, his heart thudding heavily.

He didn't know what to do. He really wished the night to end and dawn to come fast. New dawn to his new life.

He got off the bed and started walking across the room. He checked his mobile phone for her messages but it was absent. Shall I send a text message? He doubted. He was too excited but he didn't wanted Sara to get annoyed with him after sending text messages at midnight. He didn't wanted her to know that he is too desperate to spend time and travel with her. He needs to keep the posture. He imagined going to exotic places with her, to the ends of the world like a happy couple.

*****