Chapter 5

He entered the hall to see a full sized portrait of an old but majestic man.

"This is my grandfather." Sara walked towards the painting.

"This sketch was made just one week before he died. It was like he knew he was dying. His death created a big void in my life." She let off a deep sigh with eyes fixed sharply on the man fully immersed in her memories.

Albert watched her with immense concerns stepping closer to her slender figure.

At the right side, he saw two more portraits. A man and a woman.

"Your father and mother?" Though he assumed who they were, he asked.

"Yes." She nodded with a whisper.

Her father was an exact copy of her grandfather. The only difference was their hair color.
Albert stared at the portraits finding the differences and similarities. Sara's voice woke him up.

"Can you guess who this is? " She pointed towards a framed photo. A toddler in a birthday costume was playing with balloons.

Obviously I know who it is. Albert smiled teasingly." Oh, such a cute baby. So adorable." He took the photo frame for a closer look.

"I am still cute. " She grinned.

" No, you're not. " Albert continues to tease.

She gave him a frown and pouted her lips. That expressions made him burst into laughter.

" You are not cute because you are pretty and beautiful. "

" Shut up and follow me. Let's go inside. "

There is a lot more to see. He said to himself.

Built under the norms and principles of the science of architecture or thachushastra, the construction uniquely blended harmoniously with nature and creates an aesthetic simplicity. The craftsmanship on the huge wooden pillars and the carving designs were perfectly aspiring the cultural heritage and artistic competence.

He followed her to the next room. She opened the door to the central courtyard. As they both stood at the inner verandah, she sighed heavily. "This was my first playground."

He could hear the happy smiles of a little girl running around her grandfather in the courtyard while her parents watched.

The whole scenario was jovial. And suddenly, he didn't see anything. All gone. He took a deep breath.

"Come with me. I will show your room. You need to freshen up. It was a tiring trip."

He walked behind her like an obedient child. After passing through the hallway, she halted in front of a room.

"You can use this room. Or do you want upstairs."

"No, this one is okay."

"As you say." She winked at him. "See you later."

He went in. The room was well arranged. He looked around with doubtful mind. Who did all this? Who cleaned up everything. Not even a single bit of dust could be seen. He already noticed each and every corner of the hall, the courtyard verandah, the portraits and photos, everything was afresh. Someone has cleaned before they came! But, who? Is there someone else?

He sat on the bed and kept his bag besides him . He breathe out slowly to calm down himself down.

After opening his bag and taking a towel out he went into the bathroom.

***