🌼- 24 -🌼

Angelina

"Fuck you! How could you do that to me! I didn't do anything!!!" I spat as I hissed.

"Keep it down back there." The officer hissed back.

"Whatever fuck you. Because of you my family gets ripped apart. Can't you see I was only trying to get my babies back?" I hissed.

"By murdering seventeen innocent girls, righto Ms Wennington." The officer snapped and closed the glass screen behind him so he couldn't hear me. I wanted to punch something but my hands were cuffed. I leant over and kicked the plastic window he just put up.

"Do you want another offense Ms Wennington?" He paused "I didn't think so. You Co-operate with us we will Co-operate with you." He said as he pulled the window back again. I spat at it. I already knew I was fucked so why bother saving myself.

My girls only knew about Lucy... and they know that there may have been one or two before them. But that's it.. they don't know of the rest.

************************************

Avaleigh

"Avaleigh, I'm Officer Penton this is Officer Jackson we will be asking you a few questions regarding what you know about your mother's alleged past and crimes. Is this okay with you?" He asks in a serious but calm voice, I guess he knows I'm destort enough as it is.

"That's fine." I mumbled, staring at the wall.

"Where was your whereabouts when Lucy-Kate Stevens was murdered?" He looked at me with no emotion what so ever.

"Mum told Krystella and I to go upstairs while she strapped her to a chair downstairs. At the time the door was still there and she called it the basement." I said.. No point in lying. Mums fucked no matter what I say.

"Did you hear anything coming from downstairs?" He asked still sounding flat.

"Not really, it was all muffled but I did hear Lucy-Kate yell that she would rather be dead instead of living down here with mother." I said remembering most of the conversation after that.

"Do you remember what happened next? Take your time it's okay." He said adjusting himself in the seat.

"I remember a bang and I then I think I heard the door slam.. the back door that is.. I heard Lucy-Kate screaming but if you were being dragged across the ground I guess you would too right?" I said mumbling the last bit.

"Yes I would." He replied I didn't think he'd be so calm about this.

"What else do you remember?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I remember Krystella crying her eyes out and running to the couch and covering her ears because she couldn't take the screaming anymore. I went and sat with her. I had nothing to block it out so I heard it all until she stopped screaming."

I continued...

"I then heard mother cursing under her breath as she came in the back door and slammed it I'm guessing she was looking for something to bury her in because I know she burnt her... because I saw the smoke outside the kitchen window a few minutes later... roughly twenty minutes later."

I took a breath and continued...

"I went back over to Krystella and lay next to her and hugged her until mother came back inside, we were so scared we were next, we had never seen her so angry before. It was an awkward night. That's all I remember.. oh and she acted like nothing had happened." I breathed again now shaking.

"It's alright, you're okay, you and your sisters are safe now."

"What will happen to us?" I said starting to worry.