Safe Keeping

Woah! Two chapters? In as many days? What's going on here!

I feel like I'm falling back into a niche with this story and am gradually nudging the writer's block out of my ass. Plus, I watched "Changing Channels" again last night on a whim and that brought me into the spirit as well.

Please keep favoriting and commenting! I cannot believe there are 1,000 reads on this story. Holy crap. That's crazy that you guys are continuing to read the crap I use to comfort myself. It makes me so so soooooo happy! 

Also I bought my Jared and Jensen and a separate Misha meet and greet passes! I also bought a second Jared in case I look ugly in my one with both him and Jensen. What can I say? I'm a Jared and Misha girl but also a Dean and Cas girl. I think I'm going to buy a Rowena and Mark after my next payday, but we'll see! It's in August and I'm already so nervous about what to do it's nauseating. Any ideas on poses at all? I was thinking maybe something with a tiara? Or to try and get both the boys to pretend to beat me up, but I don't know if they'll go for that. They're fairly chivalrous from what I've heard. 

Thank you again for reading!! I would love to hear from you all more often! I hope you enjoy this one!!

She sighed and took his hand and let him lead her to the bathroom while she all but dragged her feet on the way there. He patted the sink, an implication for her to sit on the counter like she predicted, while he rifled through the medicine cabinet and produced basic first aid supplies. He set them down beside her and exhaled slowly, his shoulders sinking and head hanging in exhaustion, more mental than physical. He rolled them back and lifted his head up and smiled at her gently. He didn't want her to feel guilty.

"Okay, let's see." He felt a light wave a nausea hit him as he sat on the toilet beside her. What if they truly were bad? Would she want to call Cas? Should he call Sam? Either way, they needed to tell him, but he'd rather take care of it one on one first so she wasn't overwhelmed with attention. Too much love can be too much. He pushed back the nerves and looked up at his little sister, who was pulling off her sweater slowly, apprehensively. He could see her eyes starting to shimmer.

She halted and turned to Dean. "Dean, they really aren't that bad. It was a bobby pin. How much harm can a bobby pin even do, really?" She tried to smile to put him at ease, but all it did was show how terrified she truly was. Her voice was higher, she was going to start crying pretty soon if he didn't just leave her alone. She loudly swallowed in an attempt to shove back tears.

Dean put a hand on her knee. "Hey. No more of that. We're gonna get this done, then go find something to do. Maybe I can convince Sam to find some salt and burn blow off case. No more crying, though. I'm gonna feel like we're on a soap opera here pretty soon."

His casualness put her at ease some. He sounded confident, unconcerned, even though she knew there was no way that's how he felt. She continued pulling off her sweatshirt, the lump still in her throat, until it was a black bundle nestled in her lap. She looked back to Dean, who was pretending to read the wrapper on a band-aid, presumably to give her some privacy and a moment to gather herself. He would be just as kind as Sam. Just as loving, just as brief, and just as professional. This was Dean, her big, big brother, and he loved her and just wanted her safe. There had never been a moment in Casey's life where she had doubted Dean's love for her. Even when Sammy was gone for a year, he made sure she was okay with staying with Lisa and Ben before having them bunk up together. They didn't have anywhere else to go, but if she'd said no she knew he would've figured something else out. He'd always made sure she was okay before, he would make sure she was okay this time too. She rolled up her t-shirt sleeve and quietly said, "Okay."