Paranoid and Nervous

Hey, guys! Sorry the last chapter was so short! Here's another one to make up for it! Thank you for being so patient with my updates. I'm going to attempt to keep up with two a week rather than one. I'm going to start publishing my other story this week I think. It deals with suicidal feelings and an attempt so if that isn't your gig don't worry about it.

Also, the cover is probably going to keep changing because I kind of hate this one, but I needed something besides the default gray one.

Please, please, please comment and vote on this! I'm working really hard and they mean a LOT to me.

Also, if there's any typos I'm sorry. I try my best to keep everything grammatically correct but sometimes things get missed.

THANK YOU FOR READING!! I LOVE YOU ALL! <3 <3 <3 (

PS: IF YOU EVER NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING (suicidal thoughts, urges, self harm, anxiety, paranoia, eating disorders, sexuality, disphoria) PLEAST TEXT "twloha" to 741741. THEY'RE SO KIND AND HELPFUL AND ALL AROUND AWESOME. 

Cas stopped walking abruptly as soon as the door closed, forcing Dean to run into his back.

"Cas, what the hell?" he grumbled.

Castiel ignored him. "How are you two planning on keeping her safe?" He looked between the brothers. Both of them had clueless looks on their faces. How had they not thought of that already? Castiel's mind was buzzing with suggestions already and he'd only been with them for four minutes.

"We haven't really gotten that far, Cas," Sam explained.

"When did this happen? How long has this been happening?" From the scarring he'd seen he could tell it'd been at least a couple of years. Every time she hurt herself he knew the addiction had sunk itself into her soul more and more, and from how her arms had looked he wasn't feeling very optimistic.

"We haven't had the chance to ask yet. I only found out this afternoon because her sleeves rolled up," Sam began.

"How did you find out?" directed at Dean. Dean had a habit of being impulsive, but he usually found out the rest of the story sooner rather than later.

"Sammy told me at a rest stop. She doesn't know that though. She didn't want me to know, but then she ran away-" Dean began, but Castiel interrupted him.

"She ran away? What do you mean she ran away? Why did you let her out of your sight? She's a danger to herself." Castiel's face turned stormy. His friends weren't simple minded; how did they let a fifteen year old girl get away? Why did they let her get away?

"Can you stop with the inquisition, Cas?" Dean demanded. It was an overwhelming situation already and he didn't need a stinking angel hounding him more than he was already hounding himself. "Her and Sam were talking in the motel, she got scared and ran away. Sam called me and then we found her, but she cut her arm up bad before we got there."

"Scared of you?" He looked at Sam. He was one of the least fearsome beings he knew.

Sam sighed. He really didn't feel like revisiting everything, but he knew there would be no resting until Cas was aware of the entire situation. "I asked to see the wounds on the rest of her body and she freaked out." Sam could see the wheels turning in Castiel's head. "So we've been too busy to discuss how to prevent this from happening again. It's been a really hard day for all of us, Cas," Sam concluded.

"Should we really have left her alone in there? She doesn't have her knife, but we always have stuff on us. If we want to keep her safe we shouldn't let her be by herself. She could hurt herself again." Dean's voice was beginning to work itself up. He couldn't stand the thought of his baby sister cutting herself up like that. He would do anything in his power so she would never do it again. She might even hate him for it, but he didn't care. He cared way more about her safety than he did for his feelings. But he had no idea how to fix this. They'd never dealt with something like it before. Sammy had a breakdown because of Lucifer before, but that was something that could be fixed just by Cas helping. It was hell, but when it was over it was over. And although he didn't really understand what was going on in Casey's head, he was pretty sure that it wouldn't be over just by a hand on the forehead. No matter who's hand.