Cleaning House

Author's note: Hey, guys! Yes, this is a filler chapter, BUT it needed to come in because I needed a transition for the next part of her new life.

Thank you again for all of the reads! You guys are so supportive and darling! If you have any suggestions, criticisms, compliments, questions please, please please comment!

And don't forget to vote!

This next update will be better, I promise!! Thanks so much for reading!! 

Casey gasped awake and found her face hitting into a firm surface. She realized that she was being laid down. She looked up and was greeted with confused blue eyes. "Cas?"

"Um, yes." He finished putting her down, his face was saturated in chagrin. Casey looked around and realized she was in her own bed back in the bunker. "You were asleep," Cas explained slowly. He hadn't planned on her waking up so early, although the fact that she hadn't woken up in the car the whole ride was a minor miracle in itself. Castiel found himself fidgeting three hours in; he figured she would've woken up by his bouncing legs alone. Long drives made Cas yearn for his wings even more than usual.

"How'd we get here so fast?" Casey rubbed her eyes. "Where are my brothers?" One second she was asleep in the motel and the next Castiel was putting her in her own bed. And he couldn't zap anymore

"You were asleep the whole time," Castiel explained shortly. He wasn't lying. Casey had been asleep the whole time, he just didn't think she needed to know that it was angel-induced. Although he didn't want to tell her where Sam and Dean were. They were in the bunker, but he knew they hadn't had nearly enough time to completely remove anything that Casey might use to harm herself. Cas knew he had to stall, but he wasn't entirely sure how. He couldn't leave Casey alone, she was too vulnerable and her room hadn't been cleared. And, being a hunter, Castiel was sure she would have hidden at least three knives and a gun around her room. The bunker was supposedly monster proof, but hunters never took anything on word alone. They were always armed. He couldn't leave her and she couldn't leave the room. Not until one of the brothers had given the word. "They're busy." Was that really all he could come up with?

Casey raised an eyebrow. "They're busy?" Casey sat straight up. Castiel was hiding something, and 'they're busy' was not about to cut the mustard. "Busy with what, Cas?

"Cleaning," Cas said shortly. Again, not a lie, only nonspecific.

"Is that so? Dean is cleaning?" Dean didn't clean. If the bunker was going to be cleaned it would either be Sam or her doing the cleaning. Usually her because they'd left her alone on a hunt they deemed was too dangerous.

"I assume it's mostly Sam," Cas admitted after some consideration. In normal circumstances it would be mostly Sam, but Dean would go to the ends of the Earth to protect his family. Cas was sure he was being as thorough, if not more, than Sam. Dean's first stop as soon as they'd walked in was removing the armory from his walls. Although he loved his personalized bedroom, family came first.

"I'm going to talk to him." Casey swung her legs off the bed, but Cas picked them up and swung her back onto the mattress before her feet touched the ground. Casey grunted. "Cas, what the hell?"

"It's better for you to stay here for the moment," Castiel objected. He placed himself in front of her legs so she couldn't move them past him. If she were to attempt to get off the bed she would have to dive forward onto her hands and crawl, which would be inefficient and he would be able to pick her up before she had the chance to leave the room. Trying to rush past an angel was pointless.