sixteen

Hwayoung reach at the garden. She looks up to the sky, it was alittle dark.

"Where is he?" Hwayoung mumbled as she walk towards a bench. She sat there, her legs looks pull together while looking around.

"Hey."

Hwayoung quickly turn towards the voice, to find Wonho looking down at her. She looks at him up and down. He was wearing a leather jacket and black plants plus converse shoes. Hwayoung noticed that his hair was brown and it gotten longer. Why is he dressed up?

"Hey, what's up?" Hwayoung said, immediately standing up. Wonho's hand was already sweating as he looks at Hwayoung. He already think of what to say, but somehow, he can't say the words.

"Wonho? What's wrong?" Hwayoung said as she peered onto his face, making Wonho to look away, his eyes were already stinging with tears.

"I'm sorry." Wonho finally said it, and with that he started to cry as he crouch down. Hwayoung was stunned to see Wonho cry. Yes, Wonho cried. Her eyes went wider.

"Hey! Hey! Why are you crying?" Hwayoung crouches down while patting Wonho's shoulder. She was resisting to gave him a hug, but they are considered best friends so Hwayoung couldn't help but to gave him one.

Wonho was sobbing as he puts his chin on Hwayoung's back. They pull away and Hwayoung looks at Wonho.

"Tell me, what's wrong?" Hwayoung asked, her eyes didn't leave Wonho at all.

"I.. We.. I have to leave.." Wonho managed to say it and Hwayoung blinks a few times, making the words to process onto her mind.

"Leave? Where to?" Hwayoung was being really calm outside, but she was tearing apart inside. He was her first friend.

"Back to my kingdom.." Wonho mumbled as he was sobbing. Hwayoung's eyes were already teary but she managed not to cry.

"Hey, it's okay. You can visit here again!" Hwayoung said while cupping Wonho's cheeks. Wonho's eyes were avoiding hers as he was sobbing, a sobbing mess. She wipes his tears, then planting a kiss on his eyes.

"Stop crying. Your people will think you are weird when they see their Prince crying." Hwayoung jokes, making Wonho to look away.

"Hwayoung, you don't understand! I have to stay there for 3-4 years! Who knows maybe for the rest of my goddam years!" Wonho whines and Hwayoung smiles sadly.

"I'll keep on waiting then." Hwayoung said softly. Wonho shakes his head as he looks down. As Hwayoung was looking at Wonho in the eye, her eyes shifted behind Wonho, to see the other Monsta X members.

They were smiling sadly. Hwayoung smiled towards Minhyuk as she saw the necklace that he was wearing.

"You have to go." Hwayoung said and Wonho looks behind.

"I don't want to go! I don't wanna leave you!" Wonho yelled as he holds onto her hands tightly. Hwayoung shakes her head as she removes her hands, while looking away.

"Wonho, let's go." Hwayoung heard Shownu and she could see a few pairs of feet. She didn't want to make eye contact with any one of them.

"I'll find you, Hwayoung! I swear! I'll make you fall for me!" Wonho yelled from afar, Shownu and Jooheon both on his sides guiding him to walk. Hwayoung can't help but to frowned to what he said, then realising what he meant. Her eyes were already watery.

Wonho keeps shouting for her name, until the sound of his voice fades, indicating they were gone. Droplets of rain started to appear, making Hwayoung to be more moody.

"Great.. Just what I need.." Hwayoung said, standing up slowly as the rain started to get heavier. She was about to leave when she saw something glittering on the grass.

As she crouch down, Hwayoung quickly picked the necklace up as the rain started to get heavier. It has an "X" symbol on it.

"Guess I'll have to keep it until he returns.."

•••••••••