four

"This is the 5th time you are having the same dream, Hwayoung." Lisa said while frowning, Hwayoung was playing with her fingers in nervousness.

"I don't know, I told my parents about it but they said its normal." Hwayoung shrugs while sighing.

"You know, I will not be surprised if you are living with vampires," Lisa commented and Hwayoung looks at her weirdly.

"What do you mean??"

"I mean, if you are dreaming about 'em, maybe it has something to do with your life now? Who knows."

Hwayoung looks down at her necklace that was given by her parents, she always wonders why its shape in a human heart shape and it's in red color.

After school, Hwayoung had to go to Lisa's house, to do some school projects, and it ends pretty late.

"Are you sure you can go home alone? I can drive you know."

"It's okay, Lisa. It's just a few houses away. I'll see you tomorrow then." Hwayoung waved goodbye to her best friend, then walking away from her house.

To Hwayoung, she already get used to the lonely and breezy nights. Instead of feeling scared, she was somehow feeling calm whenever she had to walk home alone.

As she was walking, Hwayoung heard a howling sound, and she immediately turn her head towards it.

This time, Hwayoung felt the chills.

"There were rumors saying that vampires and wolves are returning tonight."

Hwayoung shakes her head, as she looks around. Her classmates talked about it and Hwayoung couldn't be bothered to listen since she isn't interested.

"What are you doing here all alone?"

Hwayoung turn her head forward to see a pale, blonde guy, wearing a sweater and probably track pants. It was Wonho.

"Holy shit. You scared me." Hwayoung closed her eyes while touching her heart. Wonho just chuckle to hear her heart beating fast, cursing words heard on her thoughts.

"I just got home from Lisa's.... Projects.... How about you?" Hwayoung said while scanning him. He looks like he just had a jog.

"I was jogging," Wonho answered simply and Hwayoung nodded. She looks at Wonho features. He had plump lips, red lips, and his eyes were somehow shining. It amazes her that though the night was dark, she could see how his skin was shining and his eyes too.

"So, you live around here?" Hwayoung asked to break the awkwardness and Wonho nodded.

"It seems that you live here too. Wanna walk together?" Wonho offered and Hwayoung was hesitating since he offered kindly.

"Sure."

•••

They started to make small talks, then to a long conversation. Hwayoung wanted to keep her personal life but Wonho keeps bugging her, so she just told him everything.

They somehow become close since Hwayoung keeps on laughing on Wonho's lame jokes. Unfortunately, they reach in front of Hwayoung's house.

"Thanks again. It's nice to get to know you better." Hwayoung said with a smile and Wonho scratch his head awkwardly.

"I wanted you to be my friend," Wonho said and Hwayoung felt her cheeks went pink.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow?" Hwayoung said awkwardly then both of them laugh together.

Wonho just nodded with a smile. He watches Hwayoung went to her doorstep, before going in, she looked behind towards Wonho, giving him a wave.

Wonhoe waved back with a smile, watching her going into the house. As soon as she went in, Wonho blinked, his eyes turned red.

"It's time to find food."

•••

"Omg, there were 2 dead bodies!" Lisa screamed as soon as she went into the class. Everyone looks at her, Lisa was holding a newspaper.

"What?" I said loudly and Lisa threw a newspaper towards Hwayoung and she catches it perfectly.

"2 DEAD BODIES WERE FOUND IN HOUSE 21 YESTERDAY"

Hwayoung widens her eyes and all of her classmates started to gather around her table.

"Omg, it's just beside me!" One of her classmates shrieked.

"You know what's the weird thing, their body was completely clean but, the police found out that their blood was completely gone, and..." Lisa paused while looking at everyone intensely.

"There was a bite mark on their necks," Lisa whispered and everyone gasps dramatically. Hwayoung rolls her eyes.

"So you are telling me there are vampires in this town?" Hwayoung voiced and everyone went quiet.

"I don't believe in vampires," Hwayoung said,

"But Hwayoung! It's obvious that it's them! No any animal would bite at that spot!!" Lisa argued while flipping the newspaper and threw it on Hwayoung's table.

There was a picture of 2 dead bodies. There was a bite mark on their necks, same spots. It looked it was staged. Hwayoung looks at it uninterestedly.

She then looked at Lisa determinedly.

"If there are real vampires in this town, I have to see it with my own eyes."