Twelve

When I had explained everything, Levi suddenly burst into tears.

“So all these emotions, they were not real?”

I shook my head. “No.”

Levi kept crying silently.

“What have you been feeling, Levi?”

“A lot of things, horrible things. There was only one moment when I felt better, when I realised I had made a mistake. That’s when I left you the letter. But right after the bad feeling returned, and I left again. I felt a lot of things, Eren, but mainly I wanted to die.”

I felt my stomach turn. “You wanted to die?”

Levi nodded, tears forming in his eyes again. I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face in his chest.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I felt like you wouldn’t care. Which was probably also a fake emotion.”

I looked up at him and our eyes met. “It was a fake emotion, Levi. Please don’t ever think I don’t care. Never again.”

“I won’t, I promise,” he said and he hugged me tighter. “I’m so sorry, for everything. Please forgive me.”

“There is nothing to forgive, you didn’t do anything. A siren’s powers are strong, you couldn’t do anything about it. If somebody should be asking for forgiveness, it should be me.”

“What are you talking about?”

I pulled back and stared at my toes. “I kissed him, twice. I’m so sorry, Levi.”

Tears streamed down my face. How could I have been so stupid? I had been blaming Levi the whole time, constantly feeling as if he were the one who had made a mistake, and in the end, I turned out to be the one who had been wrong.

Levi placed his hand under my chin and made me look at him.

“Eren,” he said calmly. “We have both made mistakes, but as you said, it was because Jean had made us feel that way. Can’t we just forgive and forget?”

“I would love to forget,” I mumbled.

I knew I wouldn’t be able to forget, and I knew Levi wouldn’t either.

“We’ll replace the memories with new ones, Eren,” Levi said and he placed a kiss on my forehead. “We will make new, happy memories. We have a lot of time left to do so.”

I smiled at him. “Do we?”

“We do,” levi said and he smiled back.

“Good,” I said, wrapping my arms around his neck. “I don’t ever want us to separate again Levi.”

“Neither do I.”

I kissed him. I short kiss, but it was passionate and lovely.

“I love you,” I said.

“And I love you.”

We kissed again, and this time, we didn’t let go. We kissed as if our lives depended on it, and I didn’t mind. I had missed it, I had missed him. And I didn’t want to let go of him. Never again.

A/N: chapter thirteen will contain smut. I'll make sure you can skip it if you want to (which y'all probably don't, but still...)
Chapter fourteen will be the last chapter