Five

A couple of hours had passed since Levi had left. The sun was high up in the sky and warmed my skin. My tears had dried up.

I had never cried as much as with Levi, which was a good and a bad thing. I never let my tears fall down, out of fear that somebody would take them and use them, which would have led to horrible things. If a merperson doesn’t give their tears out of love, the person using the tears would die a painful death. I never wanted that to happen, so I never cried. And then I met Levi. He showed me love and for the first time in almost five hundred years I had given my tears to somebody. After that I cried more when I was around Levi. Happy tears, sad tears, angry tears. I cried so much, and I didn’t care. Because who deserved my tears more than Levi?

But Levi was gone, he had taken my tears for granted. And at that moment, when I was sitting in front of our house, staring at the beach, I regretted spilling so many tears on Levi.

I burst into a crying fit again. I didn’t want to stay in the house. I didn’t want to be reminded of Levi. So I did the only thing I could think off, I walked towards the sea. I took of my clothes and left them on the beach, and then I slowly let myself sink into the  water.

I swam as fast as I could. Far away from the coast, past the reef, and then down. My surroundings got darker and darker, until I passed the barrier. I felt the ancient magic wrap around my body and in front of me, the underwater city lit up. I swam past the caves, all the way to the bottom, to the biggest cave of all. My mother was lying on the stone couch, playing with a seahorse.

“Mother.”

Carla Jaeger looked up. When she saw me, he face lit up. She got up from the couch and tackled me in a hug.

“Oh, Eren, I’m so happy to see you! It has been so long,” she said. “How are you? Is Levi here too?”

The smile disappeared of my face.

“Eren?”

“He left, mother. Said he needed time.”

“He left?”

“Yes. He promised to come back, but he hasn’t said when.”

“But, you are married. You were so happy,” my mother said, just as confused about Levi’s actions as I was.

“I don’t know either. All I know is that-”

I stopped speaking, not able to say what I was about to say.

“What?” Mother said, wrapping her arms around me.

“I want him back. I love him, I can’t live without him. I just want him back," I said as I felt my heart break into a thousand pieces.

A/N: Tears already has 3K reads!! I know I've already said it a million times, but thank you so much!!