Chapter 36

Two dead corpses lay across two beds in the pack's some sort of hospital. The building was quite narrow with lots of hospital type beds a metre or so from each other and blue curtains surrounding each one for the privacy. Dinah leaned back on the wall whilst Lauren and Camila stared at the lifeless bodies sprawled on the mattress with a sheet covering their bodies looking like they were in a morgue. A thick silence fell upon the three girls as Lauren glanced over at Dinah who was glaring at the two vampires for answers. She couldn't let Camila go down for this; no way.

"You both wouldn't know what's happened here?" Dinah rhetorically asked with a stare that could kill the two of them on the spot. Her arms were crossed and her expression was infuriated.

"Dinah, I'm sorry, I really am; I just couldn't control myself." Lauren answered, causing Camila to raise her eyebrow in confusion whilst she looked at the girl with a perplexed expression. Lauren's response was to simply intertwine fingers with the guilty vampire and squeeze her hand reassuringly. "This is my fault, not Camila's."

"I thought you were the experienced one and suppose to show an example." Dinah huffed, shaking her head. "I don't know why, but I'm giving you another chance. Luckily, word hasn't got around about the humans. From now on, if you want to leave the town then you must be accompanied by adleast two wolves; deal?"

"Whatever pleases you." Lauren nodded contently, flashing a small smile.

"And remember, Laur, they were two innocent girls you killed." Dinah reminded with a disappointing tone, then disappeared behind the light blue curtain.

With that last word, Camila's face dropped and the guilty was apparent in the brunette's brown orbs. Lauren pecked her cheek as a sign of comfort, squeezed her hand again and guided her back to their room. In silence, they traveled back to their shared room whilst Camila kept her head lowered as she allowed Lauren to guide her. Once the raven haired girl closed the bedroom door, Camila collapsed onto the bed before miserably shuffling her shoes off. Sadly, she nuzzled her face into the soft pillow and bundled herself up in the thick duvet. Lauren's green orbs glinted with sympathy towards her girlfriend since she could see the effect of Dinah's words on Camila.

•••

"You need to drink it, babe." Lauren pushed, tapping the brunette's shoulder impatiently.

"It tastes so gross." Camila mumbled back to Lauren with her face shoved into the ivory pillow.

Lauren sighed, placing down the cup of animal blood as Camila continued to hide her face into the pillow. She wasn't cooperating. Lauren needed to help Camila from the urge that was growing even stronger. It wasn't like Camila didn't want to stop the addiction, it's just the taste of animal blood compared to human was very different. It was swapping up chocolate for broccoli; no one wants that but in order to be healthy, you have to. Ever since the incident, Camila had stayed locked in her room and lied in bed all day; feeling miserable. The only time she crawled out of her bed was to use the bathroom which was attached to her room. Lauren had repetitively told Camila that it was no use staying in bed and tried to constantly convince to get up. Dinah wasn't complaining, it was one less vampire to keep tabs on; regardless of how harsh it sounded.

Meanwhile, Taylor and Lucy had settled in well. Even though Lucy had no freedom to indulge on as much human blood as she wanted. Taylor had struggled to keep away urge but Lucy had helped terrifically with Taylor's control. Honestly, Taylor didn't know what would have happened if it wasn't for Lucy. Something between them had began blossom; neither of them admitted it nor understood what 'it' was. There were just moments of getting close and longing gazes were exchanged.

Lucy never liked developing feelings for someone, specially with her whole 'lone wolf' status she kept up for the past years. She was a loner and she liked it that way. Obviously, the situation right now was temporary and Lucy didn't have an option because she was here for Lauren's aid. Anyway, these butterflies fluttering in her stomach, that she labelled as feelings, annoyed her. She didn't want to fall for someone because when she did fall, she fell hard. That's why Lucy had only had long, serious relationships in the past rather than short, meaningless ones.

Currently, the pair had been relaxing outside under a large oak tree were they'd just talk. This was a daily activity  and it was how they got so close to each other. Sometimes, Taylor would read her favourite books out loud and the brunette would contently listen as if it was her favourite song. Once they arrived to their room, Taylor  instantly flopped onto the bed dramatically causing Lucy to laugh. Taylor eventually sat up, leaned her back against the wooden headboard and shaped her legs into a 'V' shape. She observed Lucy trotting around the room, putting her bag down and unpacking objects from it then returning them to their place. They had spent the whole day under that tree because they had nothing to do and the weather was beautiful; beautiful enough to glue you to the ground and make you forget time. When Lucy had finished, she joined Taylor on the bed and seated herself on top of her knees between Taylor's spread legs.

"What's so funny?" Taylor asked with her a dopey smile when she saw Lucy wearing a smirk.

"Your face." Lucy replied, sticking her tongue out playfully then causing Taylor to roll her eyes, unable to hide her continuous smile, and shove Lucy's shoulder jokingly.

"You're stupid." Taylor mumbled before Lucy pushed her arm forcefully and Taylor returned the shove until it broke into a full fight.

Soon enough, after weak slaps to the arm and small pushes, Lucy had Taylor pinned down below her whilst her waist sunk in between Taylor's legs. Heavy pants filled the room whilst the girls bored into one another's eyes. They both glanced down at their positioning and back at each other with blank expressions. Curiously, Taylor glanced down at Lucy's crimson lips, then returned to the brown orbs already on her and that was all the brunette needed. She crashed her lips down onto Taylor's but they only shared a few seconds of contact before Lucy pulled away, knowing she shouldn't have done that. Surprisingly, there lips met again and it was unclear who initially started the second kiss since their lips were still brushing against one another. It began to get heated once Lucy slipped her tongue and, shockingly, Taylor granted her access.

"I'm straight." Taylor blurted after quickly separating their reddened lips. "Sorry, I didn't meant to just say it like that. I don't know what I was trying to say-"

"Shh." Lucy interrupted. "It's fine, I get it." She replied calmly to the anxious light haired girl whilst getting off of her and creating distance between them. "I just think you need to understand the definition of straight." Lucy smirked, shooting the flustered Taylor a cheeky wink and was out the door before Taylor could even ask where she was going.