Chapter 23

Once Lauren re-entered the household, she heard a loud thud from upstairs and Lauren's brain switched to panic mode. She placed down the bucket of blood and darted straight up the stairs.

She bursted through the bedroom door and stopped in her tracks when she saw the scenario in front of her. Lauren tilted her head to the right and stared confusingly at Camila, who was stuck on her side; still strapped into her chair. Alfredo was swinging back in his own seat, which was opposite to Camila as he just chuckled at the helpless brunette.

"I told her to stop squirming around, but she wouldn't listen." Alfredo laughed even harder when Camila wiggled around, trying to get herself but it was useless.

"And you were just going to leave her on the floor?" Lauren asked, strolling over to Camila and picked up the chair, so it was on all fours and Camila was sat up straight.

"Again, I told her the chair will fall over if she kept moving around." Alfredo replied with a mischievous grin spread across his face as he jumped to his feet energetically. "Anyway, bottle the blood and feed her some of it."

Lauren nodded in response to his order and went back down the stairs, collecting the bucket of blood from the front door. She placed the heavy container of fluids on the kitchen counter and began pouring the blood into different objects she could find like jars or cups.

After an hour of sorting out the red fluid, she filled the fridge with jars and cups of blood to keep the liquid fresh. She trudged back upstairs to Camila's room with a cup of the animal blood in her hand, which she placed on the nightstand next to the brunette. Camila sniffed the air when she saw the red liquid and gaped her mouth open hungrily.

"Finally, I'm so hungry." Camila let out a breath as she stared at Lauren with desperate eyes.

Lauren sat on the edge of the bed and pulled Camila's chair so she was positioned in front of her. Camila's knees touched the bed frame as Lauren's legs draped off the side of the bed, besides Camila's legs. Lauren picked up the glass cup and held it to Camila's plum lips, then tilted it slightly. Camila took two gulps of the blood, but furrowed her eyebrows and jerked her head away from the edge of the cup. She knew that wasn't human blood because it didn't taste as nice at all. Camila spat out the red liquid all over Lauren's face and the the taller girl quickly placed the cup down. She wiped her eyelids from the blood and glared at Camila with an angry face.

"That was mean." Camila mumbled as she rolled her eyes irritatedly and averted her gaze to the floor.

"Adleast you don't have spit over your face." Lauren snapped, standing up from the bed and pushing Camila's chair back.

Lauren stormed into the bathroom and scrubbed her face with warm water, then dried it with one of the towels. She returned back to the room and grabbed a tissue, then dabbed it around Camila's mouth, wiping away the mess of the blood that dripped out. Lauren sighed heavily and shook her head, Camila was extremely stubborn so this treatment wasn't going to go as smoothly as she wanted it too. However, she was relieved to have Alfredo here to help her with the stressfully Camila.

•••

Three months went by and Camila refused to drink the animal blood, so her body felt completely drained from not getting the nutrients she needed. On a few occasions Alfredo or Lauren would force feed her, but it was tricky and messy. Every second Camila's brain was racing with plans on trying to escape this dreaded chair, but obviously nothing would work.

However, it soon clicked to Camila if she drinks the animal blood she could savour her energy.

Camila perked her head up when her bedroom door open and in came Lauren with a glass of blood. Lauren settled down on the edge of the bed and pulled Camila in front of her. The girls stared at each other intently and Lauren expected this to play out the same old way.