Chapter 35

Voices murmured around Lauren's head, she was half conscious. A firm pair of hands were placed over her chest and began pressing down hard repeatedly. All of sudden, she started coughed profusely and salty water splurged out from her lungs. Her greens eyes fluttered open, her vision extremely blurry and could only see blares figures standing over her.

"Lauren?" A distant voice asked from besides her.

Lauren patted the floor around her and rubbed the grains of damp sand in her fingertips confusingly. She sat up slowly as her sight began to clear and she ran her hand through her wet black hair. She glanced around of the crowd of people who were all wearing worried expressions. Dinah held her hand out and Lauren stood up after gripping hold of Dinah's hand.

"Come on, let's get you back." Dinah put Lauren's arm around her neck and held her waist delicately as Lauren had bruises and cuts all over her body. "Once you've cleaned up, you better have a good explanation for this."

Her head was aching when everything came back. Camila had gone rogue and accidentally pushed Lauren off of the cliff. She remembers being shoved between rock to rock and battered by the current of the waves. She remembers the water filling her lungs and she was unable to breath but she couldn't die so had to feel this infinite tightness on her chest until her body couldn't cope and she passed out.

Once she arrived back, she went straight to her room and cleaned herself up. A million thoughts cluttered her mind and she let out a stressful sigh. Did they know about Camila's feast? Where is she? Is it best to not mention what happened? What was her excuse of being washed up on shore? She scanned over her arms seeing them full of deep lacerations and dark bruises from being tossed around the sea. She turned off the shower then wrapped a towel around her body before entering her room.

Her jaw dropped to the ground. Standing in front of her was Camila. Her eyes were in shock as they clung tightly onto the figure before them. She closed her green orbs, shook her head and reopened them as if her mind was playing evil tricks on her and Camila actually wasn't there. This was real. She knew that because when she peeled her lids back reluctantly, Camila was still stood there. Her lips wore a disappointed frown whilst her eyes glinted with fear and sadness. Her clothes spilled with the dry blood of innocent people and Lauren confirmed that the brunette had killed the two women.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so so so sorry. I've been worried all night about you and I promise to you I didn't mean to push you off the cliff... I- I- just couldn't control myself." Camila rambled apologetically, twiddling her thumbs and nibbling on the flesh inside her cheek from the anxiety.

"Camz, it's fine." Lauren reassured. "I know it was an accident, but we have bigger problems than you pushing me off a fucking cliff."

"Again, I'm sorry." Camila added, her lips sagging at the sides from the self disappointment. "Is Dinah mad?"

"She doesn't know and she won't know." Lauren replied firmly. "Wash your clothes and get changed then we're going body hunting."

The stern voice of Lauren was enough to make Camila dash into the bathroom and scrub furiously at the blood-soaked garments Camila had stripped off her body. She let them dry on the radiator and tip toed back into the bedroom where Lauren was staring out of the window tiredly. Camila felt as if Lauren was fed up of all this; the protecting. All Lauren had ever done was protect Camila after everything she had done. Even going to the extent of leaving her beloved household and travelling many miles to reach their safe heaven but this could all be crushed within seconds by Camila's foolish, yet uncontrollable, burst. That was one of the rules was not to kill humans and what does Camila do? Kill two of them. It would hurt if Dinah would kick them out over this, she would feel as if she had let Lauren down. The way Lauren was stressful pinching the bridge of nose and surfing her hand across her Raven-coloured hair made Camila feel bad and only conjure up terrible thoughts of being an inconvenience to Lauren.

Venturing pass the brown spines of the towering trees, the two vampires trudged into the depths of the forest with Camila directing them where to go. Luckily, they snuck out from their window unnoticeably and Dinah hadn't came up to question Lauren yet since she was occupied with other tasks. Lauren kept her eyes peeled for any signs of the humans such as blood or ripped garments causing a trail.

"I can't believe I pushed you off a cliff." Camila breathed out heavily, using her eyes to search around the overgrown shrubs that she took large steps over.

"It's not the first." Lauren laughed, receiving a quizzed expression from Camila asking for an explanation. "I was trying to impress this girl... Veronica, this was back in the 70s, and we went up to star gaze. Well we reached a cliff edge and I tried to look cool by standing on the tip of the cliff, but I lost my balance and fell off." Lauren rolled her eyes at her younger self. "Well, thankfully I was vampire so I survived and Veronica, well, she was distraught, but then was relieved that I was alive; kept calling in a miracle."

"Way to woo a women." Camila teased, side stepping closer to Lauren and sneakily snaking her hand into the raven haired girl's, then locking them together.

"It worked right? You fell for me." Lauren smiled cheekily, nudging Camila's shoulder causing the brunette to break out into the same smile.

"That was before you fell off a cliff, doofus." Camila replied with a friendly roll to her eyes. "Anyway, who is this Veronica?"

"Jealous?"

"No, just curious." Camila shrugged carelessly. "I'm the best you'll ever have."

"Right, that's why you're a keeper; literally." Lauren said in a teasing sarcastic tone. "I mean Veronica was really nice..." Camila's face suddenly dropped and began shooting Lauren her death glare, until Lauren covered up with, "I mean she was terrible, uck, never again, nope."

Camila's face settled a satisfied grin upon her lips, leaning closer to Lauren contently. Although, they began to concentrate on the real problem here; the bodies. Camila tried remembering path she chased the young women from the previous night and they actually got quite far until Camila got them. Well, one of them did. The first girl Camila terminated was built with a curvy figure and light blonde hair which rested on her shoulders. Unfortunately, when Camila was hunting for the hikers, the light haired one tripped over a tree root and before she could get back to her feet; Camila was already digging her fangs into her neck. For the second girl, as morbidly as it sounds, had a head start and about five minutes to dart across the woods. If it wasn't for Camila's super speed, she wouldn't have caught the girl. So, this would be more difficult than excepted since the two bodies will be separated. Lauren had no idea what should they should do if she found the bodies. They couldn't burn them as the fire would alert the wolves no matter how far they did it. They could just dump the bodies in the sea but then the fear they would wash up on shore. The only sufficient way Lauren could think of was burying the bodies deep under the ground. Far and deep enough to cut off the wolves scent to it. What if one of the wolves had gone on a stroll and picked up the smell? Lauren shook the thought from her head and focused on trying to cover this up. This felt too familiar to Lauren.

"The first girl should be here." Camila directed, following back to the cliff's edge.

Bigger than the moon, Camila's eyes expanded open when she saw the empty spot on the ground that only had a puddle of blood sinking into it. The brunette glanced at Lauren who's expression was perplexed. She didn't understand, where was the body?

"Camila, where's... the body?"

"It should be here!" Camila cried, letting go of Lauren's hand and crouching over the leftover dry blood. "What do we do?!"

"I don't know, Camz, what if you... turned her?" Lauren suggested with a worried voice, standing besides as the brunette stared at the ground for an answer.

"I... I don't know." Camila mumbled. "Maybe."

"There you both are." A voice from behind them spoke as the two girls turned around to see Dinah stood with a few people from the pack. "We've got some questions for you two."