Chapter 16

Lauren had fled from the house, after the whole incident. She tried locking herself in her room for an hour, but the urge kept growing rapidly. She was depriving herself from the blood she needed and the consequences were showing. As Lauren trudged around a dodgy alleyway behind a few small shops, she heard a one of the doors to a shop open and out came a worker holding a rubbish bag. The ginger haired stranger furrowed her eyebrows at Lauren as she threw the trash bag into the massive bin container. She stepped closer to Lauren and the creature shuffled back, not waning to hurt her. However, there was a reason she came out tonight; she needed to feed.

"Are you okay?" The ginger haired lady asked and Lauren swore she recognised her, but was unable to see her detailed facial features because of the dimly lit alley.

"I'm fine." Lauren smirked, approaching the girl and pushing her up against the wall as she traced her fingertip over the strangers cheek.

"Urgh-- I'm no-- I mean, I'm not really in the mood to hook-up, if that's what you want." The girl stuttered as she rested her hand on Lauren's shoulder, lightly pushing her back.

"I'm not looking for a hook-up, more of a late night snack." Lauren laughed evilly as the ginger haired girl's facial expression dropped, but also confused by Lauren's statement.

Before the defenceless girl could do anything, Lauren's eyes faded to black and stabbed her fangs into the girls neck. The orange haired girl screamed out loudly from the painful bite as Lauren gripped onto the stranger's torso, digging her nails into the soft skin. Lauren dropped the lifeless human after a minute of draining her from the blood. The leftover red, viscous liquid poured from the girl's injured throat, creating a pool of blood around the corpse.

Suddenly, Lauren heard quick footsteps run off behind her as she turned around, seeing a little boy dart off down the alleyway. Lauren switched back to her sane character, dashing after the young child and came to the end of alley. She looped her head around searching for the boy and was unable to find him. Lauren bit her lower lip anxiously, hurrying back into the alleyway and strolling back over to the girl's dead body from before. She stared emotionlessly as she perked her head up once she heard more footsteps echo down the dirty, narrow alley and used her super speed to travel back to the house.

Camila saved the rest of chapter as she closed the screen of her laptop and stretched out her arms tiredly. She heard the front door shut and Camila furrowed her eyebrows confusingly, getting up from her seat hesitantly. She stepped down the staircase and saw Lauren stood in front of the door motionlessly as she stared into space. Camila walked over to her and glanced over at the dry blood around her mouth, which trailed down her neck. Spots of blood was splattered over Lauren's stomach and the dried up liquid covered Lauren's hand.

"Lauren...?" Camila spoke out breaking the silence between them as Lauren snapped back into reality, staring down at her hands and clothes. "Who did you kill?"

Lauren lowered her shamefully as she shrugged her shoulders and looked back up at Camila's gaze, Lauren could tell she was holding back the face of disgust. "You don't even know who you killed?"

"I don't know, she had ginger, curly hair." Lauren muttered as she walked off up the stairs and Camila trailed behind her.

Camila couldn't help but get a sickly feeling at the pit of her stomach, when Lauren described the victim. The first person that popped into her mind was Kenzie. Surely, Lauren wouldn't target her only the friend in the town, she trusted Lauren. Well, to an extent.

Lauren entered the bathroom and turned on the tap, throwing water onto her face and scrubbing off the dry blood that stained her lower face. Camila watched, keeping a straight facial expression and trying not to vomit all over the place.

"I'm going to get a shower, do you mind cleaning this for me?" Lauren asked, glancing at her dress and back to Camila's gaze as she just nodded slowly.

Lauren turned around and slipped of the dress in front of Camila, causing the brunette to blush and become all flustered. Lauren handed the dirty dress to Camila and the smaller girl exited the bathroom, hearing the powerful water turn on. She filled up the kitchen sink with hot water and covered the dress with bleach, as she washed away the difficult blood.

It took adleast 15 minutes for her to get rid of each little stain off the material. Camila stared intently at the bloody water as the realisation of what Lauren hit her, she was a monster. She kills people, even if she can't help it.

Lauren stood in the doorway of the kitchen and Camila was unaware of her presence as Lauren just watched Camila's distraught expression, whilst looking at all the blood. A wave of sickness washed over Camila's body as her face turned completely pale. Next, Camila was vomiting all over the tiled floor of the kitchen as Lauren rushed over to the brunette, holding back her hair and patting her back comfortingly. Once Camila was finished, Lauren grabbed her a napkin and Camila dabbed her sick-covered lips, along with her chin. Lauren felt the guilt stab her heart, as Camila sighed heavily, looking at the mess she had created for herself.

"I'll clean it up, you go and rest." Lauren rubbed Camila's back as she nodded tiredly, leaving the messy kitchen.

***

Camila was awoke by her doorbell the following morning, as she darted to the front door and opened it, seeing the same officers from a while ago. Camila furrowed her eyebrows confusingly as the officers took off their caps, suggesting they was going to report bad news.

"Morning ma'am, did you know a lady called Kenzie Westhead?" The police officer spoke softly as Camila glanced between the two of them and she nodded hesitantly. "We have horrible news, she was found dead in an alleyway behind her shop."

"N-no, it ca-can't be h-her." Camila's voice was fragile and the two officers nodded sadly as their eyes sunk depressingly.

"She had bled to death from a bite in her neck." The other officer chirped in as Camila's body shook and she was in complete denial about it all.

"Th-thank yo-you f-for tel-telling me." Camila nodded quickly, shutting the front door on the officers and leaned her back against the door as the two officers looks at each other sadly, leaving Camila's property.

Camila broke down, digging her face into her hands and sobbed heavily into them. Lauren but her lower lip anxiously, watch the brunette's heartbreak from the first the floor as she snuck down the stairs. She tip toed over to Camila, who was still crying into her palms.

"I'm so sorry, Camila." Lauren apologised, lowering her hand shamefully as Camila startled slightly and turned to the creature with an angry expression.

"Sorry won't bring her back." Camila glared, removing her hands from her face as she folded her arms over. "You kil-killed my only fri-friend here, she was so fu-fucking kind and she didn't des-deserve to d-die, y-you... you fucking monster!" Camila shouted, choking on her tears as they trickled down her soft cheeks and causing her eyes to puff up.

Lauren went to say something, but changed her mind closing her mouth slowly and staring at the floor with a depressing expression. Lauren simply nodded, speeding up the stairs and fleeing into her bedroom in seconds, locking herself in once again. You fucking monster, the words replayed in her head on repeat and felt her heartbreak a little more each time. She hated Camila seeing her in that, even though it was the truth.

Camila stood aimlessly at the front door still, realising she might have been slightly harsh on Lauren. This was an addiction, Lauren couldn't help herself. Camila was blinded by rage to even notice Lauren's hurt expression or the cruel word monster she had used to describe Lauren. However, no matter how angry Camila was there was always a soft spot to forgive Lauren.

Author's note
Watcha think? Btw warning, everything happens really quickly in the next chapter so prepare.