You don't have to say you love me

Start from the beginning

"Really?" Amy crossed her arms as she looked at her husband. "Medieval expert, are you?"

"No," Rory deadpanned. "It's just that I can hear Dusty Springfield."

"He's right." Rose quipped in, and the Doctor watched as all three of them started listening for the soft music echoing in the monastery behind them. He made his way up the stairway only to stop when he noticed an exposed pipe sticking out, something nasty dripping out of it.

"These fissures are new." He said, noticing in his peripheral how his three companions were coming up behind him. "The solar tsunami sent out a huge wave of gamma particles. This was caused by a magnetic quake that occurred just before the wave hit."

"Well," Amy shrugged a little as she took in the large building. "The monastery's standing."

"But for how long?" Rose looked uncertainly at the Doctor as he took out a specially made snow globe and shook it, designed to measure the stability of the ground underneath him.

"Yeah," He studied the way the flakes landed in the globe before tucking it away in his bigger-on-the-inside pockets. "That's the question."

"Doctor, look." Rory pointed to the pipe where the words 'DANGER Corrosive' was written.

"Ah," He clapped his hands together before taking out his trusty screwdriver. "It's a supply pipe." He ran a quick scan. "Ceramic inner lining. Something corrosive." He read out the readings. "They're pumping something nasty off this island, to the mainland."

He glanced at Rose who was having a discussion with Rory about Dusty Springfield. He had chosen this specific spot to study the Flesh because he knew this was a fluxed point, anything could happen. He hadn't considered though that maybe it wasn't the Flesh that was the problem but the acid. Swallowing once, he tore his eyes away from his blonde human, a term he had long since giving up on denying.

"Let's go." He didn't wait for answers as he climbed up the wooden stairs and out into a courtyard.

"Is everythin' alright?" Rose hurried up to him, touching him gently on the arm as he used his other one to scan the building with his screwdriver.

"I think we're here." He looked down at her. "This is it."

"Doctor, what are you talking about?" Rory looked at him with a frown. "We've never been here before."

The Doctor ignored him and set to climb up another set of steps.

"We came here by accident." Amy followed him. "Right?" She looked at Rose, who shrugged without meeting her eyes.

"I..." Rose looked at him for answers but her eyes shifted to Rory before he had a chance to help her. "Look out." She grabbed his arm and pulled it away from the pipes running along the stairs.

"Thank you." Rory gave Rose a thankful smile before eyeing the pipes with a hint of disdain.

"Acid." The Doctor answered for all three of them. "They're pumping acid off this island."

"Intruder alert. Intruder alert." An alarm started blaring out around them.

"There are people coming." The Doctor warned them, taking hold of Rose's hand. "Well, almost." He tilted her head at her a little.

"Almost coming?" Amy frowned.

"Almost people." He corrected, pulling Rose with him as he started down one of the hallways.

"Where are we going?" Rose asked in small puffs, struggling a bit to keep her voice level as they rushed down the corridor, a short distance ahead of Amy and Rory.