47. And I Will Swallow My Pride [edited]

That next morning, Jensen stood at JJ's door to her room as she was passed out asleep. Jensen glanced back as he heard someone at the front door. He dropped his head as he knew it was someone for Finn. He stopped at the little guy's bedroom door to hear him lightly snoring.

Jensen went down the hallway then down the steps.

He looked at the door as he saw someone that wasn't McKenzie or Aspen.

"What are you doing here?" Jensen asked as he opened the door for Jared.

Jared looked up at Jensen, "I came to get Finn."

"But why you, I told Victoria last night that she could send Aspen or McKenzie."

Jared nodded his head as he stepped into the house to see Zeus at the bottom steps, "Yea I know you did but things have changed."

Jensen looked back at Jared, "Is she at your house?"

"Is Finn still sleeping?" Jared looked over at Jensen.

"Answer my question."

"You didn't answer mine." Jared snapped back.

"You are fucking kidding me, you are helping her?"

"You think that because you are getting the little Cliff notes that everything is gonna be done your way. You didn't live that life. You haven't seen what we have. The fact that Abaddon killed Danneel and then tossed her on Victoria's front door step is a fucking message to Victoria that no one is safe around Abaddon. Do you realize that Abaddon could have killed you last night or taken JJ or Finn? My family is just as much of a target is yours. Don't fucking judge me when I know what is coming?"

Jensen stepped back as Jared went up the steps.

Jared vanished into Finn's room as Jensen looked over at the door to see if anyone else was coming into the house.

Jared came back down the steps with Finn in his arms.

"You aren't taken a bag?" Jensen asked him.

"I have 2 kids, my biological children, I know that I will be ok with Finn." Jared said heading for the door.

Jensen glanced back at him, "You think that because I don't know that I can't understand."

Jared stopped at the door as he looked back at Jensen, "You don't know lose. You don't know what it is like to kill someone. This is no longer 'Supernatural' with fake guns and rubber knives. This is reality. This is war."

Jensen jumped when Jared slammed the door behind him.

Everything was done.

Everything was over.

Jensen glanced up the steps as he heard JJ start to cry.

He ran up the steps as he went for her door.

He stopped outside her door when it hit him.

JJ was never going to see her mother again.

Jensen looked up as JJ was sitting up in her bed looking back at him.

Her life was gonna change now.

She didn't know why all of these people were in her life but somehow they were coming and going faster than ever.

Jensen stepped into her room with a smile as he was fighting back tears.

"Hey princess, how are you?" Jensen sat down next to her.

JJ stood up and put her arms around Jensen's neck, "I love you."

"I love you too."

At Jared's house, I stood on the dock with a beer in my hands when I heard someone walk up behind me.