46. All I Ever Hear Are Whispers [edited]

Vancouver, Canada

I sat down on the couch that next week after Jensen had to bury his only living relative that he knew of.

I glanced over my shoulder as Zeus walked down the steps with a chew toy in his mouth.

I dropped my head back when I heard the light tap on the back door.

I looked back when I saw her at the back door.

I jumped up as I ran over to the door.

It was Danneel.

Her eye was black and her lip was busted.

I grabbed her face as she collapsed into my arms, "What happened to you?"

"You always said that everything happens for a reason. Did you ever think that the reason could be that our lives are meant to be over for her benefit?"

My bottom lip started to shake as Danneel smiled at me, "I really think you are gonna be able to watch over my baby girl."

"Danneel, you are not going anywhere."

"Mom always said that you were gonna be the one that would save me." Danneel smiled at me as I pulled her over to the gate to the side of the house as I pulled my phone out.

"McKenzie, get to the house now" I shouted into the phone as Danneel started to cough up blood.

I looked down at Danneel as she was still coughing up blood. "Don't do this to me."

I unlocked the car as Danneel reached up and grabbed my face.

"JJ never needs to know the truth. She doesn't need that pain." Danneel mumbled out to me.

I glanced down at her.

"I never wanted her to know. She doesn't deserve to deal with my sins like Finn will have to face yours."

I closed my eyes as McKenzie ran up the driveway in her work out gear.

McKenzie slammed into the side of the car to see Danneel bleeding out, "She just showed up like this?"

I glanced back at her, "Call Aspen and get her to the house. I need to get her to Genevieve."

"Why on earth would you do that?" McKenzie looked up at me.

"If you don't recall McKenzie, Genevieve is the only one with medical training." I shouted back at her.

McKenzie looked up at me, "What about Jared?"

"Get Aspen, I need to get her over to the house." I jumped into the driver's seat as I started the car up.

McKenzie watched as I raced down the road when she saw the blood on the pavement. "Oh fuck."

I pulled to the Genevieve's house, when I saw Genevieve running down the driveway.

I stopped at the end of the driveway as Genevieve tossed the back door open.

Genevieve glanced up at me as Danneel was barely moving.

I got out and helped carry her to the back door that went down into the basement.

Genevieve looked back at me, "Who the hell did this to her?"

I glanced up at Genevieve as she tossed the gloves over to me, "They must have dropped her off at the house."

Genevieve glanced back at me.

"McKenzie called Aspen, she should be at the house." I said as Genevieve cut Danneel's shirt from her body.