27. Oh But How Were We to Know [edited]

Georgia Lake House

At the end of the week, I glanced over as Jensen was packing up his things as the New York Convention was about to start.

JJ walked into the room carrying her blanket with sleepy eyes as I went over to her and picked her up.

JJ smiled at me as I took her down the steps to find Finn in the living room watching TV.

I sat down next to him as he leaned over to me, "You guys look like you are always gonna be there for each other."

Finn looked up at me, "We are family, right mom?"

"Yea, we are family." I kissed him on the forehead when Zeus got up barking at someone who was coming down the driveway.

I got up from the floor as Jensen was coming down the steps with our bags.

He smiled over at me as Aspen came through the door.

"Who is ready for the big apple?" Aspen called into the house as I tossed a bag into her stomach.

Aspen glared back at me as I went out the door infront of her with Finn and JJ in my arms.

JJ smiled back at Jensen as he walked out of the house behind me, "Daddy, you funny!"

I smiled back at her as I put her and Finn into the SUV that Aspen had gotten for us to take to the airport.

I glanced back as Aspen walked over to me, "Where have you been this week?"

Aspen looked over at me, "I have been with someone that you don't wanna think about."

I narrowed my eyes back at her, "Who are you talking about?"

"Adalynn Montgomery."

I glared back at her.

"I wasn't getting anywhere with Ariel so I thought maybe go above her."

"You know how much you are gonna piss Ariel off now."

"I really don't care, I need answers." Aspen looked at me.

"You mean about McKenzie."

Aspen nodded her head back at me.

"We will see her again."

Aspen shook her head back at me, "You hope that is gonna happen."

I climbed into the car as Jensen got into the back with the kids.

Aspen walked around to the driver's side and started the SUV up.

New York City, New York

I looked over at Jensen as he was holding a sleeping JJ. I glanced down at my phone as Aspen had sent me a text about what was going on.

The bus we are one from the airport was going down the back way to the hotel as the rain was raining down the windows.

I pushed my hair out of my face as Jared glanced over at me as Genevieve was holding Thomas.

"You ok?" Jared asked me.

I nodded my head back at him, "Yea, thanks for asking."

Jared smiled over at me as the bus took another turn toward our hotel for the week.

We walked into the hotel as the stand in manager walked over to them with her face in her phone, "You can check in but I need you both down here around 8 for our first conference."

I glanced over at Jensen as JJ was laughing at Finn.

Zeus sat down next to Finn as Aspen walked over to me.