Past? What Past! Part24

"I know," I heard him whisper. I turned and looked at him, throwing him a puzzled glance. He turned to gauge my reaction. "I saw the two of you kissing," he told me. "I saw you and Brant, kidding at the party. I know, Abi."

I was shocked. What did he mean, he saw us? He couldn't have seen us. He was drunk, he was imagining things - I'd convince him of that. I could not risk what I had with Harry because of a reckless kiss. I couldn't let Brant fuck up my life.

I knew I couldn't be with Brant - he was a player and he wasn't going to get me. His Irish speaking, seductive ways confused me, making me think with my lips rather than my heart and my head.

At least, that was what I was telling myself.

"What are you talking about?" I laughed, acting calm. "I never kissed Brant. I could never do that to you!"

"Don't fuck me around, Abi," Harry growled. "Even if you didn't kiss him, I've seen the way you look at him. You want him, and badly. I think you might even be falling in love with him."

"Now you're just being ridiculous," I told him, my laugh genuine this time.

"I'm not asking you to choose between us, Abi, because I'm scared you'll choose him," Harry whispered, still leaning against the toilet seat. "Just... be more subtle, eh? Try not to let anyone see you together. For your sake more than mine." He paused. "I love you, Abi. Always."

Aurora started crying at that moment, but I didn't move. I just looked at Harry. When Aurora started bawling I finally dragged my eyes away from Harry and went to see to my baby. By the time Aurora had finally settled down, Harry was KOed on the bed. I lay beside him and thought. Hard.

Harry had told me I didn't need to choose. I could have my cake and eat it too. But no one is ever allowed to have their cake AND eat it. I had to make a choice. It was crunch time.

* * * * *

I stared into the darkness, waiting. It was cold and damp on my park bench and I had started to regret my choice of meeting place. There was a 24-hour McDonalds not two minutes away. It was so stupid to think a desolate park in the middle of the night was an appropriate meeting place for meeting a sexy Irish bloke who made your heart beat rapidly.

But I didn't want anyone to see us. Harry was right, I couldn't allow myself to be sloppy. I felt like a married woman having an affair! Sneaking about making sure no one saw me kissing anyone else but Harry, making sure that we didn't through lovey-dovey eyes at each other, etc...

I still couldn't believe the choice I had made! I mean, I was supposed to be a young teenager. I wasn't meant to have a kid and have to make choices that could determine my future! I had thought for two hours, lying next to Harry, and I couldn't take it anymore. I had phoned Brant up and told him to meet me on this park bench. I had to tell him the decision that I didn't need to make.

"Hey, gorgeous," I heard a deep voice with an Irish accent growl seductively from behind me. I spun around.

He was looking as gorgeous as always. His black hair was crazy, like he'd just got out of bed. His black jeans were faded and ripped, emphasising the fact that he didn't care about how anyone viewed him. He also wore a large green hoodie that looked incredible warm. I kind of envied his warmth - I was freezing my arse off and he looked hot - in both senses of the word.

"Hey," I managed to choke out, shocked by how amazing he looked, even at five in the morning. He looked at me, confused. His gorgeousness only made this harder - how could I resist someone who looked so good, sounded so good, and tasted so good?