Jackson

Chloe's POV:

Jackson. He was my childhood partner. My co adventurer. My best friend. He was like my co back. He was always one step ahead of me. He made sure everything was perfect.

Jackson made my life.. seem like a fantasy. He was so friendly.. now I think back. I was so stupid. How could I let that happen to him? Why did it happen?! There are so many bad things that I did to him yet he stood by me. He believed in me.. even more than I believed in myself.

Lets go back and speak of Jackson.

Jackson and I were best friends from birth. His mom and my mom on the other hand were different. They had no idea about each other. Jackson and I would always make excuses that were meeting friends or making a dance routine at the local park with friends so we could go, but instead we met eachother.

He was so kind. Very different to his parents.

Jackson's parents are drunk alcoholics and druggies. They abused and yelled and felt the need to beat Jackson up. Jackson did all the house chores and took care of everything. That is meaning me, too.

The day he died was the day I stopped believing. The day I most dreaded. In the worst way possible. I killed him.

There were some bad times that Jackson had.

• Flashback •

- This is when Jackson and Chloe were young an she didn't know about Jackson's parents. -

"So.. what do your parents do?" I ask Jackson.

I see him uneasy and fairly uncomfortable.
"Um.. eh.. Well, I.. I.. They paint.. um, they're artists." He stutters.

I feel like saying.. "Great! Now the truth?" but I realize that he is uncomfortable so I hold myself back.

I ask him some questions about his family and again he gets uneasy. I stop and think. It all adds up.

• End •
• New Flashback •
Jackson's POV:

Last night, I spent the night at Chloe's. I left my house late. I snuck in and in dim light, I put on the load of washing because I knew otherwise I would get beaten up. I then went to Chlo's.

Now I am walking outside the next morning and I say goodbye to my dad. I wouldn't dare ignore him because I know what'll happen.

"Jackson." Dad said warmly.

"Yes Dad?" I say in a kind manner. Wow, what a change.

"What the hell? What color is this tree?!" He asks me.

"Green," I answer.

"And what color should my work shirt be?"

"White." I say anxiously.

"So why the hell is it GREEN?! GO CLIMB THE GODDAMN TREE IF YOU CAN MAKE THAT SIMPLE OF A MISTAKE!"

I hold back. He gets up, punches me on the back and pushed me down the stairs.

He grabbed me and threw me by on the snow right by the tree.

Whoops, I must of added a green sock or Muffs to the white load.

I feel a bit light headed as I climbing the tree.. that's all I remember. Then I wake up and Chloe is there caring for me of dear heart.

Chloe's POV:

7 March - 2:52 PM, Greenvalley Park, Pittsburgh.

"Dibba Dobba, Dibba Dobba, you are it!" I sing happily after crossing to Jackson's hand in the 'Chasey It' game.

I laugh in my completely innocent baby voice.

"10, 9, 8, 7.." Jackson starts to count down but in one big gulp he steadily says, "654321, ready or not.. here I come!"

"Hey!" I yell and start giggling, "that's cheating." I say and quickly realize that he was running towards me. I scream playfully.

I huff and puff and find a spot in a bush. I creep and try to see where Jackson is. I see him and he is heading in my direction. I then look around the park.

Hm.. The see-saw? Too easy. Swing set? Too dodgy. I then look across the road. Haha! He won't get there in time!

I rush out of my hiding spot and yell, "You can't catch me! You can't catch me!" I say, singy songy.

When I finally cross the edge of the road, without looking.. I see Jackson rushing across the road determined to catch me.

The last thing I hear is the tires screeching on the scorching cold and wet road of a truck. I hear a baby scream..

"JACKSON! NOOO!" I yell in agony. I can't believe I did this..

I... how could I? How could I let this happen to him?! Why..

At that moment.. I couldn't deal with life. I grew up respecting my friends. I grew up keeping my friends more closer than ever.

That's when I realized that some things happen with surprise and they can be at the worst.

Here's is a flash of when I first met Jackson.

-

It was the Annual Greenvalley Park picnic when we would get invited to an event. All my dance friends weren't invited so I had nobody except one girl, Molly.

We were swinging eachother on the swing set. It was my turn to push Molly and as I was, I cut my finger against the chain. I screamed in agony and all Molly said was,
"Hurry up ad toughen up, PRINCESS!"

That made me realise that she wasn't a true friend.

I stood up for myself but it didn't make my mood any better so I went into the bush and sat there alone.

That's when Jackson came along and we started speaking. We introduced ourselves and spoke about us.

He seemed like a dream boy for me but, pfftt - I was like 6! I met a new guy!

-

Every day, each 7 of March, I visit the cemetery and I see a batch of roses and flowers. They all look familiar to me. That's because they are mine.

You may be wondering where his parents are?

Well, they are both living in a dumpster bitching and bragging about nothing. They don't give a care in the world about it. It's stupid!

---------

A/N:
Alright, hope that was okay!
2 comments on the last chapter? Really?!
I'm making it higher this time because if I don't get support.. I'm not continuing this for much longer!

15 votes 12 comments for more!
Xxx