Melissa

"Melissa.. It's really late. If you're going to do chemo-therapy, I.. There's a %70 chance that you won't make it.. Or you'll be paralyzed. Your bones are weakening. Your heart is slowing down. Just live the rest of your life in peace. I really don't want to perform this surgery." Dr. Decaprio says, in order to convince me.

"I don't know. I have 2 beautiful children.. One is pregnant. With twins! They're going to have no grandma. It doesn't matter, a paralyzed grandma! At least they have one!" I say.

"You have between 8-12 months. You'll spend some time with them. Melissa. I'm a doctor! I know what I'm doing. I am pushing you towards the right decision. You can't put yourself through this."

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M GOING THROUGH!" I yell.

"Ye- Yes I do. My wife had this cancer, 10 years ago. My 26 year old daughter (who was 16) had a child and was 3 weeks pregnant. She decided to not do chemo and I told her to. She didn't end up doing chemo. She spent 13 months living in complete freedom. She got to spend about 4 months with Boyd, my grandson. He remembers her. In every little delicate way possible. And that is what counts. This is a part of life. Melissa. Trust me on this. Normally a doctor would tell you to do chemo for the money but you're very lucky that I am doing this for your own good." The doctor tells me.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Thank you. Thank you so much. I.. give me some time?"

He nods.

"Thanks again. See you in a few days." I say again.

"Thank you! See you. And take what I said in account, yeah?"

I nod and wave with a delicate and appreciative smile.

A/N:
Very very very short chapter! Sorry! Anyway, next one will be longer. Getting to the point, only one beautiful girl has put in her name for a role in the story! Thank you sweet PinkNaNa! Shout out to her - read her books. Her DM, The Battle book is AMAZING! Anyway, keep voting, and commenting! Love you!