Dance

Maddie's POV:

I'm in bed and my phone beeps, which wakes me up.
It's a text from Chloe:

🐻❤Chlo-Bear❤🐻
Hey Maddie, we'll be coming past in about half-hour. See you then! Xxx

What?! Half hour! I better get ready. I'm, like, half asleep.

I quickly respond.

❄❤Madz❤❄
Alright, thank you baby! See you then! Xxx

One thing I don't miss about the normal routine is the rush. Like, life is so busy!

I get ready, feed the kids and say goodbye to Josh. I decide that I want to wait at the front to take some time to think about my future career. I can't stay as a house wife.

I go outside with my gear and sit on the bench on the front porch.

I want to become a dancer. I want to do Jazz, an- and Tap, I guess. Chloe and I always had plans of becoming famous 'Broadway' dancers together. We promised to be with each other every step of the way. But I feel the urge that I holding her back. I know, I can take them to daycare and preschool and so-so. I don't think we can keep these plans unless something changes. I have already had kids, and Chloe's a bit older than me. Maybe she's waiting for the right guy.
Don't get me wrong, I want to continue our dance plans but I don't want to hold her back. I want so badly for us to e broadway stars together, I just hate to rush things for other people - and to take them out of their dating comfort zone.

All of a sudden, I clear my mind from my deep thoughts and vision, and a car pulls up. I enter the BMW 4WD, 7 seater and say good morning to everyone.

"We need to go to the ALDC to get on the bus, to the airport, onto the bus to the competition." Christi explains.

It was only a one day competition, and it was in the country but Abby wanted to take the plane so.. that goes. Its going to be a long day.

While we are driving to the car, Chloe whispers to me in the ear.

"Maddie, I have a.. a boyfriend."

Wow, speak of the devil.

"I'm so happy for you!" I exclaim and hug her.

"Shhh!" She hushes me.

Christi looks up to the mirror and lifts an eyebrow in concern.

"What's going on?" Christi butts in.

Chloe eyes me in a matter of - 'she doesn't know' so I quickly get her out of it.

"Oh, about her getting a solo, an being directly top of the pyramid for 7 weeks in a row - that's a record!" I consider saying. Eh, good enough.

Chloe breathes a sigh of relief.

"Here we are!" Christi announces.

I quickly whisper to Chloe when she gets out of the car, "All the details on the bus."

She nods.

When we get out, I hugely get welcomed by everybody.
I love coming back to these beautiful girls. I have missed them like nothing else.

We do a full check, get all dance gear and everything on the bus and go.

At the ALDC, the distance from the airport is pretty far. It takes at least 40 minutes to 1 hour depending on the traffic, and weather.

Today is a gritty, cold day, and it looks like a storm is going to occur.
We all hop on the bus, and after I chat to everyone, I walk to Chloe.

Chloe laughs at me. "Why are you so excited? It's just a guy!"

"Chloe!" I laugh.

* The girls know about this boyfriend, by the way. The moms and Abby don't *

"His name is Jason, he's 18 years old and he is really cute! he has a hair cut like Niall Horan." Chloe explains.

"Niall is hot, so he has got to be! Do you have a photo?" I say.

She gets her phone and shows me a photo.

"Aw, you guys! That's amazing!" I say.

- . - . - . -

At the dance competition ~

We are now at the competition and I'm sitting in the audience. All the girls are ready, and so am I. I'm ready to see the girls dance, and I haven't seen in for months.

"Now welcoming to the stage, number #37, Abby Lee Dance Company!" I see the girls in their gorgeous costumes. They are wearing pink leotards with a beautiful beaded (with diamond) chest and a nice tutu open spout.

They start dancing lyrical, and they added in a few acrobatic tricks.

Let me just say how sensational that is. I hold Abby's hand right next to me and I say, "You have taught them well."

She smiles at me. Wow, they took my breath away.

After the group, Chloe had her solo.

"Next is Chloe Lukasiak with Moving on, but still together. This is a special tribute performance to Madison Ziegler!!" The announcer announces.

Tears keep coming down my face and they don't stop. Chloe has made me feel so special, so lucky.
This performance was absolutely phenomenal. It.. I couldn't elusive it. Not only what it meant - even though we have different things going on in our lives, we will alway be together - but how she performed. I don't know how to repay her.

Following on was Brooke's acrobatic routine, which was amazing and she blew me a kiss at the end.

It was now awards. They announced the group from 1 to 10.

"And first place is Abby Lee Dance Company!!" They announced. They got their award and they were so happy.

It was then solo awards.

"Second place is awarded to Brooke Hyland!!" She was amazing.

"Chloe Lukasiak, we are awarding you with first place!! Congratulations!" She got her award and she whispered something to the producer.
The announcer got the message and said this.

"Madison Ziegler, please provide yourself to the stage." I stand up, anxiously. I look down at my trousers, and singlet top. I shrug.

I smile and walk up into stage.
Chloe ran up to me and gave me some flowers.

I love days like these!