39. The Island if Pain Part II

We arrived at a dirt parking lot. The hiking entrance in view.
A large wooden post by the entrance had a glass case which held a map and some hiking information. The only other car in the lot is a small old Lexus. It is very out of place.
Mads shuts off the engine and we unbuckled but before I opened the door, Mads pulls me to him.

"Someones gonna see," I gasp.

"I don't care, I'm not going to be able to have your gorgeous body for three fucking days," he groans. He leans down and pushes his lips to mine. Our lips fit smoothly together, he rhythmically moves his lips with mine, lightly pressing his tongue to enter my mouth. I let his tongue enter and he begins to taste every part of my mouth. I pull away however, worried about him getting carried away. I see several cars begin to enter the lot, that must be our group.

"Calm down, they could see," I say pulling away to my side of the vehicle. He groans loudly again.

I exit the truck and go to the end where Mads is. He pulls open the bed of the truck and slides our packs to the edge.

"Now, you need to tell me if you need a break. We can set our packs down and take a breather whenever you need to," He reassures me. I nod.

"Don't worry. Besides you'll be there to catch me if I faint of exhaustion," I say with a giggle but he is unamused.

"Don't joke about that. I mean it, tell me of you want a break," He says sternly.

"Okay, I will. Stop being so protective, they'll suspect something," I whisper.

"I don't care. They can scream and yell, I don't want you to hurt yourself."

"I already did when we stopped at that rest stop and had sex in your truck. God! I'm surprised I can walk," I whisper. He roars in laughter.

"It was your fault. You just couldn't let me go," He says laughing.

Once everyone has their packs on and everything is set, we begin our hike.
Several minutes pass of flat terrain, but then I feel the incline. A few more minutes and we are at a large enough incline that I am having to grab onto the rock wall beside me. We enter the wooded area and follow a path up the side of the mountain. Up the dirt path and around a corner, then up a steeper incline. After a few more minutes, now its been almost a half an hour, we are on a flat surface again. My breathing slightly labored but I take in deep breaths.

"You got your inhaler, right?" Will asks as he breaths heavily. I nod.

"You need to use it?" He asks. I shake my head then slightly cough, trying to hide it.
I take in a deep breath and my chest tightens.

Really? Now you need to have an asthma attack?

I cough and wheeze nearly falling over in the process. Will pulls me to straighten my stance.

"Is there a place we can rest?" He calls out.

"The site should be just up ahead," Mads yells back, standing well ahead of us.

"Think you can make it? It's flat terrain," Will asks. I nod still wheezing. I lean on Will slightly as he guides me through the wooded, dark path.

We catch up with the others and finally arrive at an open space. There's a circle where a campfire used to be, a few surfaces where tents had been pitched.

The view is breath taking. The lake surrounded by land, streams guiding down the mountain to it, rivers of the lake edging out to the sea. My heart swells at the view as I catch my breath, calming down in my asthmatic state.

We pitched the tents and started a fire. Some of the group went to explore, some of the boys went down a quick path to the lake in order to fish and bring back dinner. Luckily, I was okay with protein bars and apples, because fish would be served over a fire. Kristi and her friend went to freshen up by the creek near the sight, leaving me alone.
I sighed with relief and went to my tent. Exhausted, I laid down and closed my eyes.